Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wasabifish

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 15, 2006
I've trying to decide to purchase a InvisibleShield (standard) or my MacBook or a Malware Labtop Protection Pack.
Can anyone give some advise to me?

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
wasabifish said:
I've trying to decide to purchase a InvisibleShield (standard) or my MacBook or a Malware Labtop Protection Pack.
Can anyone give some advise to me?

What are they? Can you post some links to the products so we can have a look?

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
wasabifish said:
Sure.
InvisibleShield - http://www.shieldzone.com/item_description/APPMCBS.html
Malware - http://www.marware.com/cgi-bin/WebO...catalogCatID=224&wosid=hkVTgtkl0Iir9rH8ub97qg

What I'm really wondering is the Malware protection as good as InvisibleShield's?

Oh MARWARE... You keep saying MaLware - I thought you were talking about a comparison between a MacBook protector and some sort of virus protection.

They both look fairly similar, remember the InvisibleShield is clear plastic so it should look OK on the glossy outside of a white MacBook but will look like you've wrapped your MacBook in cling film if it's the matte black one.

The Marware product looks a little more "quality" despite not being clear it would offer the ability to be removed as you see fit and washed. It's not clear though so you're definitely going to see it.

Choice is up to you.

wasabifish

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 15, 2006
My bad. Marware. :p

Do you know how well it protects the MacBook -- Does it prevent scratches? Can you get rid of stains on the protection sheet? Also, is it easy to fall off since you can reapply as many times as you want?

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
wasabifish said:
My bad. Marware. :p

Do you know how well it protects the MacBook -- Does it prevent scratches? Can you get rid of stains on the protection sheet? Also, is it easy to fall off since you can reapply as many times as you want?

No idea mate, you'd have to ask the manufacturers.

Hytower77

macrumors regular
QCassidy352 said:
yes, my experience with the invisible shield on my ipod has also been great. IS definitely gets my vote.

Yeah, did you have any trouble getting it on? I didn't. A Few people on here have had the hardest time.

Maybe because I did a lot of model airplanes etc when I was a kid, it was easy. The installation is a lot like putting the decals on those.

Shazkar

macrumors newbie
Aug 5, 2006
I have IS on my DS Lite... which I guess is kind of like a smaller MacBook.
It's nice.

Regardless, I dunno if I'd want to put that on a big ol' laptop. It definitely does protect from any scratches though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.