invisibleSHIELD water bubbles' problem

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by yourdream, Aug 25, 2008.

1. yourdream macrumors regular

Ok, I have successfully installed the front and back invisibleSHIELDs onto my iPhone 3G and have made the corners sticked. But I found some water bubbles in the back of my iPhone 3G and I used the squeegee but it doesn't remove the water bubbles. Can anyone help me? Do I just wait until the water bubbles' dry out? Will it harm my iPhone 3G? All of your responses are greatly appreciated, thank you.

2. lakaiordie macrumors 65816

water bubbles? as in the solution?

or air bubbles? if its air bubbles they'll go away after a few days on their own.

3. yourdream thread starter macrumors regular

I meant water bubbles caused from the solution.

4. gdeputy macrumors 6502a

gdeputy

its fine the water bubbles go away after a few days. It's the air bubbles that sometimes dont go away. if it's just solution your fine.

5. Clyde099 macrumors regular

6. weeman macrumors 6502

A buddy of mine installed the invisibleshield on his 3g and there were crazy amounts of bubbles on it for about 3-4 days but now it looks like there is no shield on it...I say give it about a week or so depending on how much solution you used.

7. Dr. Cabrera macrumors 65816

giant air bubbles are more of a pain then the water bubbles

i would no recommend removing the water bubbles. In my experience if you try to force a water bubble out ( using the squeegee ) you will be left with a " trail of small bubble" on the shield ... I don't know how to put it, but just know that it will leave your phone looking much wavier that it should

Best bet is to let it dry for about a week, from what i have seen the solution either drys up, or somehow the heat of holding the device evaporates the water. IF that doesn't work you may have to remove and reapply the shield

For giant air bubbles, you need to take care of those the day of ( Ive never seen one of the bigger air bubble go away)

I have applied about 5x Invisible shields up to this point