invisishield zagg + screen discoulouration?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by w...b, Jul 30, 2008.

1. w...b macrumors regular

it looks like water got into my phone!!!!!!!!!!! is this possible. also what can i do about it. Should i just wait for it to dry? could anything have happened? im freaking out right now.

would it dry, and be normal. its been set for about 4 hours!!!!!!

2. Apple Ink macrumors 68000

Apple Ink

How did water get in to it. Was the shield already applied or were you applying it and accidentally H2O'ed your iphone?

More importantly, from where did it get i your phone? If it got inside the glass, you'll have to open the phone yourself to dry it off. Dont try to vaporize it as it might enter the circuitry as vapors and condense there (not good)

3. Next Tuesday macrumors 6502a

Next Tuesday

Post pics. Also, how much water did u use? Ive put on about 6 skins on phones and never had water get in. Where did it get in? If anything, id let it dry for at least 12 hours.

4. w...b thread starter macrumors regular

yea. I didnt use a lot. at least not more then the videos. i think it went through the speaker at the top. i put the phone in a bag with some white uncooked rice to suck out the moisture. now im wondering if i put enough rice.

5. w...b thread starter macrumors regular

im pretty sure its below the glass. as i can see the print from the text above it. at least im sure thats way below the glass then?

6. Next Tuesday macrumors 6502a

Next Tuesday

Thats just weird. Never heard of that before and ive seen about 400 posts on macrumors about people applying their skins and such. Also, ive done 6 myself and never had this issue. I would like to see clear close up pics.

7. w...b thread starter macrumors regular

ill post some pics tomorrow, im a little pissed off right now about it. i waited long for this 3g and the first one i got had a messed up screen. ill let it sit in some rice for now.

anyone now how much rice is good. i put it in a ziploc bag with 2 1/2 cups of rice.

8. Next Tuesday macrumors 6502a

Next Tuesday

I would tape the headphone hole up and totally submerge the phone in rice.

9. w...b thread starter macrumors regular

ok. so its covered with the rice now. still 2 1/2 cups but covered. I hope its alright. i can still use it, i just dont want to be on the phone again with Rogers (phone company).

10. Next Tuesday macrumors 6502a

Next Tuesday

By the way, Turn the phone off. lol

11. w...b thread starter macrumors regular

12. Next Tuesday macrumors 6502a

Next Tuesday

Well, let me know how it goes. Id leave it off and bagged for at least 8-10 hours. If tomorrow u check it out and theres still water in the screen. First thing u should do is look in the headphone jack hole with a flashlight and make sure the square sticker in teh very bottom of it is white. White means no water hit that area and black means water did. Apple will not replace it if its black. If its white and still water under the screen, Id let it dry out longer and maybe try and replace it saying something is wrong with it.

13. w...b thread starter macrumors regular

14. Next Tuesday macrumors 6502a

Next Tuesday

Hey your welcome and id be freaking out too. Water damage is no good. Good luck. =o)

15. thor79 macrumors 6502

thor79

sorry to hear about your troubles...this is why I use the power support crystal film instead of the films that require water to apply for the front. With that speaker up top it's like a magnet for any water on the front (hyperbole of course).

The back being one piece with no obvious openings ...all of the openings are on the sides with the buttons and such. No where for water to seep in directly on the back. I think that's why there's not a lot of reports of water damage for skin applications...most people apply the back but not the front I think.

Good luck getting the water out though.

16. w...b thread starter macrumors regular

ok so it looks like the water is starting to evaporate. its been about 6-7 hours. i really needed to use the phone today. But im not sure if i should. im going to let it sit for another 3 hours and see how much it soaks up then. I took out the sim card so maybe it will speed it up with another open space. I have no clue really i just want it to go back to its beautiful ways.

On the bright side all the programs still work, and the skin looks perfect accept for 1 bubble.

Anyways ill keep you posted.

17. w...b thread starter macrumors regular

yea so it looks to be almost dry and the skin looks completely see through, no smudges from the rice. Hopefully the rest will dry.

18. speedtek macrumors newbie

wb water damage iphone

wb how is your phone so far? i installed zagg yesterday and it looks i might have water damage. the problem i have is that i can turn off my phone it will turn off but turn on again after a few seconds. i also had fogged up camera lens but that dried up. let me know! mine is sitting in rice right now too.

19. justinreclicks macrumors newbie

sorry to hear this
    this is why i purchase lcd protector separately.
    i don want accidents with waters at least for the lcd
    hope your phone goes alrite