invite to talk with apple online store exec about the launch

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by rhsmd1, May 3, 2015.

1. rhsmd1 macrumors member

below is the reply that i got from emailing tim cook about my concerns about AW launch.

" Hello Mr. S,

Thank you for your email to Apple. Your correspondence concerns an issue that we believe would be better handled in a phone conversation.

I would like to speak with you at your earliest convenience. Please contact me at xxx-xxx-xxxx Monday through Friday, between 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. EDT, or you may send me an email including your telephone number and a preferred time of contact.

To avoid confusion, my voicemail message is in both Portuguese and English with the Portuguese positioned first.

Thank you for taking the time to write. I look forward to speaking with you.

Sincerely,

Alexandra Dias
    Apple Online Store Executive Relations
    Apple, Inc "

i wonder how receptive they will be?
    think that it will be worth a apple gimme?:cool:

2. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

3. zmunkz macrumors 6502a

zmunkz

Yeah dates were shown on product page and order confirm page

4. rhsmd1 thread starter macrumors member

so what! my issue is not with the dates, it is with the lack of ability to order and pick up, as i do with all my apple products.
    when i ordered my MBP, and MBA, and ipad1. i was given an option of store pick up. also the email i sent to cook, talks about the shared joy,ect of being in line with others as we waited for a new launch. i stated that now all we do is sit around on line mopping and grousing alone.
    well they obviously want to hear my version voice to voice, so there you go.
    no sour grapes please.
    and at 3:00 am in a dark room, on the apple store app, i expected the option of in store pick up. was the fact that there was no pick up mentioned in any of the pre- order hype...NOT

5. rhsmd1 thread starter macrumors member

to jay leno and zmunkz
    why not stick to the issue of the present thread, and not worry about my previous replies

6. sjinsjca macrumors 68000

sjinsjca

Gotta say, that's a pretty awesome response from Apple. I hope you let them know that aspect of this is appreciated.

And I hope there are no gimmes involved. This is an opportunity to clear the air, and like I said it's pretty awesome.

7. rhsmd1 thread starter macrumors member

thanks. that was my intent

8. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

We had to resort to your previous replies because you gave no background as to what your "issues" are in the OP.

9. noobinator macrumors 601

This says it all. You just want something for free. Why not just email Mr. Cook next time:

Hi,
    I heard the apple watch launch was rough, hoping I could get a freebie since it didn't go as planned?

10. ZombiePete macrumors 68020

ZombiePete

If you were paying any attention at all, the fact that it was an online pre-order only was mentioned several times. It was clarified on multiple occasions in this forum that you wouldn't be able to get it at stores at launch.

I mean, whine to the Apple CS folks and see if you can get your free goody. I don't care. But don't pretend to us that you didn't know what was going on or don't have ulterior motives. Wrong audience.

11. ninjadex macrumors 6502

Tell her you know it's Angela's fault, and that if it's not delivered within the expected timeframe, threaten to cancel your order! That will show them.

12. seatton macrumors 6502

seatton

I do not understand why the in store pickup is not an option. I just went to an Apple Store a couple days ago and it was totally empty, just staff doing nothing I guess. This is not the Apple store I knew.

13. vladzaharia macrumors regular

Why would it be an option? Logistically-speaking, it's far more time consuming to have an instore pickup compared to individual deliveries. First of all, you'll need to batch orders up to go to the store, then have the store deal with removing the shipping boxes and store them until customers come to pick them up. You'll also have several methods of dealing with irate customers (people calling to complain, people going into their pickup store to complain, etc) as opposed to one centralized phone line to deal with all issues.

14. Skepta macrumors member

Hi,

That response is just from someone paid to nod and listen to your feelings. They won't act on it so don't get too excited regardless of how awesome it feels. I also got the same exact reply word-for-word just different names. I contacted them about my MacBook being rejected repair a week after the warranty expired. They simply told me that they understand and will make enquiries about it. I sent them another email 2 weeks after the initial phone call and they told me they'll update me but got nothing back and it's been 2 months now. I just got a third party to repair so no biggie but not a nice experience. Oh well...

15. Subdiv macrumors 6502

I'm just entertained by the statement about her voicemail in the letter to the OP. To paraphrase, "I'm writing to you in English, but if you call and get my voicemail, it is initially in Portuguese so you won't be confused. ;)

16. DononyG2 macrumors member

DononyG2

Please just stop..notice how 90% of the people here does not comply with anything you've said. Apple isn't going to change the way they do business because it's always worked, as it did with the iPhone 5, 6, and 6+. Everyone has had to wait on their watch and you're not an exception, respectfully.

17. pmau macrumors 65816

I would assume that even if this is all legit, they'll offer an iTunes gift card and a cookie if you complain really loudly.

18. AbeFrohman macrumors 6502

AbeFrohman

To me, this just screams of trying to create an issue where there is NONE in order to get something for free.

It's like a baseless lawsuit filed, hoping for a settlement to just make it go away.

So they decided to not have in store pickup or product in stores to line up for. Sorry that somehow lessened your experience. Not your call to make.

Time to let it go. Call them back, tell them you're really thrilled with the Apple Watch and can't wait to get yours. Politely thank them for the courtesy to reach out and hang up.

19. iThingsGurl macrumors 6502a

iThingsGurl

You might want to revisit your argument, for the reality is an exact opposite of what you're arguing.

Pick-up-in-store-Apple-Watch-800x497.jpg

More details here: MacRumors

20. susan12369 macrumors 6502

I think vladzaharia was referring to the launch orders. The pickup in store option didn't appear in the ordering until just recently, and isn't even available yet.

21. nanocustoms macrumors regular

another OP bites the dust.

Plain and simple, act like a buffoon, and the rest of us poor bored folk will make you wish you didn't.