All iPads Invites for iPad Air 2 event?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by mattburley7, Oct 2, 2014.

1. mattburley7 macrumors 68030

when does everyone think we will see invites for the ipad air 2 event?

im going with next tuesday if the event is on october 14th.

2. Rodster macrumors 68040

There's no longer that level of interest as Apple loses it's grip on leaks. We pretty much have a decent idea what the Air 2 will look like. The only question is whether it will have 2GB of ram and we won't know that until iFixit does it's teardown.

3. TheUnforgiven macrumors member

4. betabeta macrumors 6502a

Well, in the new trackpad video in Yosemite the date on the email in the video is October 14, is it a hint? Who knows, but with that I hope the event will be held on October 14, and iPads will be on sale the next week, October 24.

But that seems impossible with the new iPads needed to have 8.1 installed on them out of the box. 8.1 was just put out as beta with rumor of it being released on oct 20.

So counting for time with the new 8.1 beta and time for shipping iPads after installing 8.1, actually October 28 with iPads on sale November 7 is much more likely, and that would work better with a retina iMac intro which obviously isn't ready due to intel.

So hopefully October 14 or 15

We can rule out October 20-24, 21 was noped by the beard, plus that would put retail release on Halloween.

That leaves October 28-29.

5. c.s. macrumors regular

c.s.

Apple's Q4 earnings release is on Oct. 20, and I don't they've ever had an announcement/product release the same week. I'm going with last week of October OR later.

6. richardmu macrumors 6502a

Totally agree. A finger in the air is probably the best indication of when or if an updated iPad Air will be released this year! November or December maybe.

7. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

Probably next week. People are already planning their Christmas shopping. If the iPad is going to be on the list, consumers need to know about it a decent time in advance.

8. mattburley7 thread starter macrumors 68030

the event should be on october 14 due to the fact that the earnings call is on the 20th.. they will be talking about the iphone 6 sales and why not include projected ipad air 2 sales, os x yosemite news, etc. having the event on the 21st is too close to the earnings call they would not have two events in the same week.

9. DaCurmudgen macrumors regular

I'm pretty sure people don't need a near 2 month lead time to put an iPad on the Christmas list. If you're already planning that, I would say you're an exception vs. the norm.

10. adampk17 macrumors member

adampk17

I would guess that a 2 month lead time is already cutting it about as close as Apple would want to.

To heck with having lists done by now, some people are already done shopping for Christmas.

11. tekkt0r macrumors member

i wouldn't be surprised if apple completely skipped the event and just announced the update on apple.com

Touch ID, new processor and a thinner profile doesn't make for a very interesting or long launch event.

they've done it before...

12. Aspasia macrumors 65816

Halfway between the Equator and North Pole
    October 16.

Clearly stated on the front page.

13. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

14. bobright macrumors 601

How long is it usually until they do this after its released? Within a couple days after?

I wont be preordering one for this reason.

15. DaCurmudgen macrumors regular

Well then I guess any announcement in October is too late for those folks. I prefer to wait last minute, in case a new shiny toy comes out after October 3.

16. mattburley7 thread starter macrumors 68030

no invites sent out yet.. not happening on the 16th? usually invites are sent out on a tuesday for october events.

17. MyiBill macrumors 6502

Could be they'll be sent out on thursday this week as the 16th is a thursday, different then all the other years.

18. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

Expecting invites tomorrow or Thursday.

Remember, the iPad keynote is going to be alot smaller. Much less people have to make travel arrangements, hotel arrangements etc etc