Invoicing clients thru merchant account via Mac

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by D R, Sep 24, 2008.

1. D R macrumors newbie

D R

Hi.

I'm repeatedly running into a wall on how to resolve my invoicing dilemma. Back in the days of PC I set up a merchant account thru Quickbooks where I could automatically process credit card payments for my clients. Now that I'm on the Mac I no longer have that capability. Of course I could repurchase QB for Mac but I'd rather not after hearing the bad reviews. I've looked into MYOB, but wasn't wild about having to re-set up another merchant account and pay $99 to do so. I've also looking into iBiz which looks great, but there is no merchant account availability. Someone even pointed me to Freshbooks which I've used in the past for invoicing alongside PayPal. Is anyone out there set up as a merchant on their Mac and if so what are you using and what are the fees, if you don't mind my asking?

Thanks in advance,

--dawn

2. SCMaverick macrumors member

I'd love to know the answer to your question as well. I have both versions (PC & Mac) of QB 2009 and I'm finding myself using the Windows side more because I have to process credit cards that way. That's the ONLY thing that I like about the PC side. I'd love to know if there is some 3rd party plugin that would work to do that so I could dump the PC version.

Any thoughts?