Io Disk Error / Motherboard on Mid 2009

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ratoto67, May 12, 2012.

1. ratoto67 macrumors newbie

Hi,
    I have a mid 2009 Macbook Pro. Yesterday, I removed the RAM and noticed that I accidentally have also removed a rubber protective pad (located on top the 42/31 ribbon cable). The ribbon was not inserted correctly in its socket so I put it back. Since then, however, I have IO disk Error every 5 minutes (the computer freezes). I am pretty sure that the ribbon seats correctly in his socket. But I do not know if it is still the case on the other side.
    My questions ;) ?
    - what is the purpose of this connector ?
    - How difficult is it to remove the motherboard to access the other side ?
    Thanks !!!

Attached Files:

2. ezramoore macrumors 6502a

That is your keyboard connector. As such it is probably not causing your IO errors.

3. ratoto67 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the reply. Are you really sure it is the Keyboard connector. Cause I can still type even so I disconnect it ;)

4. ezramoore macrumors 6502a

My apologies, I thought you meant the larger ribbon cable. Now that I view your attachment at full size I can see you mean the smaller one.

The smaller of the two is your keyboard backlight.

You can trace your HDD data cable from where it plugs into the HDD to where it plugs into the logic board (IIRC it is exposed the whole route).

In the future it would be helpful if you provided enough details for someone to accurately determine which machine you have.