iPad IO6-not very impressed at all

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by Calapso, Sep 23, 2012.

1. Calapso, Sep 23, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2012

Calapso macrumors newbie

Hi
    I have only been converted to the Apple world for a year as most people round me said how wonderful it is.
    So I went and bought an iPad 2 and a MBP and on the whole very impressed with hardware quality and the IOS 5.
    I just upgraded to IOS 6! (Wish I did not). Here is my experience so far on my IPad 2
    -battery seems to drain quicker
    -iPad seems 'sluggish' and slow.
    -app Store...what a shambles. Nothing much wrong with the old one IMHO. It is slow, gives you less info on page and navigating is useless. Bring back the old one. Why fix something that is not broken?
    -cannot receive my gmail (I deleted the accounts and recreated to get them to work)

Not very happy at all. Can I get back to IOS5? Not sure how to do this. Any suggestions would be welcome. I did not do a backup ( not sure how to :mad:) as I am still a novice to all things Apple.

Thanks.

2. IhateIO6 macrumors newbie

Io6

I agree, i downloaded IO6 this morning and almost can't do anything on my ipad today. It is verrrry slooow and won't load most of my wesites. How do i get IO5 back???

3. Moshe1010 macrumors 6502a

If you didn't save your SHSH (Cydia saves it automatically), you can't go back.

4. Redjericho macrumors 6502a

Suggestion: Set up your device as New, don't restore from backup

Yes, you will have to download all your apps and everything again manually, but apple has been known to have problems with restoring from backups since the beginning of time. For some it works fine, and others it does not.

Restore as New or live with a slow device.

Unfortunately, no this won't fix the app store, which I also hate with all my heart.

5. dotme macrumors 6502a

FWIW I have iOS 6 on my iPad 2 and it's fantastic. Loving the iMessage phone number integration, battery life improved over 5.1.1 and it's fast. You might try a reset if you're having problems.

App Store is another story. Still trying to decide if I like it.