IOGear KVM

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Ikyo, Feb 19, 2010.

1. Ikyo macrumors 6502

Ikyo

I currently have a IOGear GCS1764 KVM hooked to my Macbook Pro '09 and experiencing a ton of issues. It all appears to be related to the way the KVM is handling HDCP. I am wondering if anyone here has tried the IOGear GCS1104 KVM with a Macbook Pro and Mini-DVI to DVI adapter. Did everything work okay with Itunes/Quicktime?

I am open to other brands to look at if you have another to suggest. I currently need a 3 port version that has DVI.

2. Ikyo thread starter macrumors 6502

Ikyo

I ended up getting the 1104 and so far it is working a lot better. It seems to have the HDCP compliance that is needed by the MBP.

3. Ikyo thread starter macrumors 6502

Ikyo

I have noticed 1 very strange thing with this KVM. I don't have Windows 7 keyboard use when my machine originally boots up. If I switch between machines, I get it back. This also seems to impact me being able to use the option key on boot up. I am not sure what is causing that.

4. Ikyo thread starter macrumors 6502

Ikyo

It appears to have something to do with how it handles the keyboard being sent to the OS. I lose all my apple keys under windows 7.

5. tromba macrumors newbie

I have this KVM also, and it worked just fine on my older 1 ghz G4. I recently got a G5 and the video resolution won't hold. I used to be able to record from my VHS into iMovie, but now I can't because the video resolution changes to something less than 1024 and iMovie quits.

Wish I could make it work with the G5.... I hate to have to go back to the older G4....