Iomega 1TB GIGABIT ETHERNET 33872

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Sinsinnati, Aug 24, 2007.

1. Sinsinnati macrumors regular

Sinsinnati

This product looks very interesting at a good price, has any purchased one yet? Information on the net is minimal. I wonder how noise is with this product.

$389

[​IMG]

The Iomega® StorCenter™ Network Hard Drive 1TB (2HD x 500GB) offers easy, high-performing network attached storage for any small office network (recommended up to 15 users). Two USB host ports allow for added expansion. Print server capability and award-winning EMC® Retrospect® backup and disaster recovery software are included. Plus, it communicates seamlessly with UPnP AV media devices. This network hard drive is a cost effective solution for sharing files and increasing network storage capacity.

http://www.iomega.com/direct/produc...id=26890319&bmUID=1188011887338#prod-info-nav

2. Sinsinnati thread starter macrumors regular

Sinsinnati

I was also looking at this product, is there any feedback on it? I keep reading about noise issues.

Iomega Ultramax 1TB Triple Interface

[​IMG]

The triple interface Iomega® UltraMax Desktop Hard Drive 1TB adds secure, high-capacity storage to your computer system with a sleek compact design that compliments the Mac G5. This high performance, HFS+ formatted drive includes RAID 0 for higher data throughput and RAID 1 for data security, a three port USB hub and three FireWire® ports for expanded storage, delivers transfer rates of up to 800Mbits/sec and can be connected to any computer equipped with FireWire 800, FireWire 400, or Hi-Speed USB 2.0. Plus award winning EMC® Retrospect® software is included for full-system disaster recovery and easy, worry-free backup.

It is $326 on NewEgg.com

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822186042&Tpk=ultramax

3. Sinsinnati thread starter macrumors regular

Sinsinnati

...thoughts? Is no one currently using either of these?

4. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

Iomega is still around?

I remember back when they make zip and jag drives. haha

5. Sinsinnati thread starter macrumors regular

Sinsinnati

Agree, but these external storage options look attractive. I am interested in feedback for both these devices. I wonder what hard drive vendor they use for these devices. I doubt Iomega makes their own drives.

Both units have RAID1 capability which is really important to me. Many enclosures have RAID0 only and or no RAID option at all. The few affordable devices that seem to offer RAID 1, all have noisy fans.