Iomega 2 TB external not seen when plugged into AEBS?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by brayhite, Jul 22, 2011.

1. brayhite macrumors 6502a

It was plugged into a hub, but now when it's plugged into the AEBS directly, it's still not found in Finder. Any ideas? Really wanting to use this for a Time Machine backup for a second computer in the house and partitioned for wireless streaming.

2. simsaladimbamba

Have you configured it to be seen in AirPort Utility > Air Disks?

3. brayhite thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks for the quick reply. And no I did not, as my other did not need to be. I'll try that and see if that works. I was reading about making NAS drives, is that a format I'd need to put it in?

4. brayhite thread starter macrumors 6502a

I got the Iomega HD recognized (both partitions) and accessible. But now my Time Machine-configured HD (Seagate 240 GB, I believe) is no longer appearing. Does the AEBS haver a 3 HD limit? My two partitions on the Iomega and a 320 GB drive are currently recognizable and appearing, no Seagate (that was never reconfigured or messed with during the process).

5. kossibeibe macrumors newbie

May i ask how did you manage to get it working? I mean to show up.

I own 2TB iomega aswell but cant get to show in Airport Utiity. I read somewhere that you need external powered usb hub. Seems stupid cause the iomega has it's own power supply aswell.

6. brayhite thread starter macrumors 6502a

To be honest, I'm not sure what allowed it to be seen. I unplugged it a few times and tried different ports on a powered hub I have, even plugging it directly into the back of the AEBS and I'm not sure when it triggered to be seen. It was under the Disks tab eventually, but like I said, not sure what triggered it.