Iomega hard drive not working properly, showing free space.

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by lofight, Jul 15, 2008.

1. lofight macrumors 68000

lofight

I have an Iomega hard drive of 148,93 GB and it works with firewire. When I click on the hard drive icon and press :apple: + I , so I get the info about it it says that there's 1,31 GB space free, so 147,61 GB have been used.
    Now I really need more space, so I'm deleting lots of files. Now I have counted the one map in the hard drive where all the rest of the files are in, at it is only 55 GB. How come that it still says on the hard drive that I've only 1,31 GB free?

2. lofight thread starter macrumors 68000

lofight

3. lofight thread starter macrumors 68000

lofight

4. Madeline1975 macrumors newbie

possible solution

https://iomega-eu-en.custhelp.com/c...mNoX3RleHQ9ZnJlZSBzcGFjZQ**&p_li=&p_topview=1

After deleting information from the Iomega® drive, the drive still shows the same amount of used space. This happens because the information that was deleted is still in the trash or recycle bin. To permanently free the space, use the following steps.

WARNING! Once the files have been removed from the trash or recycle bin, they cannot be restored.

Windows:
    Right-click the Recycle Bin from the desktop and then select Empty Recycle Bin.

Click the Yes button.

Macintosh® OS X:
    Double-click the Trash icon.

Click Finder from the menu bar and select Empty Trash.

Click the OK button.

Macintosh 8.X - 9.X
    Double-click the Trash icon.

Click Special from the menu bar and select Empty Trash.

Click the OK button.