Iomega Hard Drives

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by swwack91, Jun 11, 2009.

1. swwack91 macrumors 6502a

I'm looking to get a new 1.5TB or 2TB hard drive with FW connectivity for mostly backup purposes.

It seems that Iomega makes some of the most price efficient drives of high capacity.

Does anyone have anything to say about the brand? Any horror stories or positive reviews?

Being that it's a backup drive for a lot of digital video... it needs to be reliable.

2. swwack91 thread starter macrumors 6502a

very true, haha.

But i haven't found a drive that would actually work for me with any reviews. none of the high capacity FW drives have reviews.

3. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

No problems with mine as of now, but I seem to be lucky with the whole hard drive not failing. Like I continue to say a thousand times there will always be a horror story or two or fifteen or a hundred, but these companies make hundred(s) of thousands of drives, the fact that a couple of them might fail shouldn't be concerning. Find one that seems reputable and then make sure they have a good warranty and customer service.

Just for clarification of the Iomega 2TB UltraMax Pro and have had for 2-3 months?

4. slpdLoad macrumors 6502a

slpdLoad

Mine works great. It has a Samsung drive inside.

5. SmurfBoxMasta macrumors 65816

SmurfBoxMasta

been there done that w/ Iomega drives, over 11 yrs of using their various CD/CDRW/DVD/Flash/HDD's neveranottaproblemo :)

HOWEVER, the only thing they made that DID suk bigtime were the Zip drives and disks........only ever found 1 or 2 out of 100's I tried that didn't cause freezes, crashes and eventually, the infamous "click, click, click, of DEATH, DIED & DONE" eewwwwww.............glad the era is over :eek: