Iomega or Western Digital Hard Drive?!

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Yomama67676, Aug 23, 2009.

1. Yomama67676 macrumors newbie

So I need a 1 terabyte external hard drive for my Macbook at a reasonal price. What I have in mind is the Western Digital My Book Mac Edition. My second choice would be a Iomega Prestiege external Hard Drive. I just need a Terabyte external hard drive that will last at least a few years.

Ok, so basicly I don't know which brand to go with. I have spent countless hours online trying to find out which to choose and which brand has the most reliable products.

I have been to many websites and none have helped. Some people say that the W.D. drive crashed early, and some say the same with the Iomega drive. Some say Iomega is more reliable, some say Western Digital is more reliable.
    Basicly people's opinions on the HDs and the brands contradict each other.

What do you guys think? If you guys could tell me your opinions and advice on which Hard drive I should choose, it would be greatly appreciated. And if you guys know of any other brands that have a reliable 1 Terabyte external hard drive around the $100 price range, I would love to know about it.

-Thanks

2. mathcolo macrumors 6502a

I would have to personally recommend Western Digital. My internal hard drive is from them, and I also have had experience with various of their external drives and I think they're a great company with reliable products.

I also feel as though they have a good since of design... for example, on the top, back, and bottom of their external drives, morse code is displayed.

I would trust them any day. Good luck choosing your drive!