Ion Carbonado Case For iPad3 Pics

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by wrkactjob, Mar 29, 2012.

1. wrkactjob, Mar 29, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2012

wrkactjob macrumors 65816

wrkactjob

http://www.ion-factory.com/CarbonadoCover_newipad.php#

Having had the Ion Carbon Cover for iPad2 and been impressed with both the quality and aesthetics of the case I thought I would give their new iPad3 Carbonado case a go.

It has a clear TPU polymer rear that shows off the iPads lovely aluminium, the material is neither hard nor totally soft and provides a reassuring friction to help prevent droppage or slippage from hand or desk.

Its perfectly constructed and the iPad clips in just as it should, the premium grade leather can be had in black brown or white and has a good weight and feel.

Of course the sleep function works perfectly and the adjustable standing options work well to provide film viewing or keyboard raised operation.

The stitching that joins the leather to the polymer is very even and matches the rest of the quality of this case.

Not the cheapest but a quality case for a quality product am very happy but will be tempted by the new Ion Carbon cover due out next month!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. edtorious macrumors 65816

edtorious

It would have been nice if they had the clear back case with just simple flat smooth design.

3. Digidesign macrumors 6502

For $90, I'd expect a material better back than TPU, with rough edges and a lip that lifts the cover.

4. wrkactjob thread starter macrumors 65816

wrkactjob

No rough edges on this and no "lifting" either.....

5. batotman macrumors 6502

$90? :eek: I spent $4 on my monoprice TPU case and $25 on an Incipio TPU. Is that right?

Edit - Oh, guess the smart cover comes with it.

Edit 2 - That brown one looks pretty sweet.

6. keogh macrumors member

keogh

wrkactjob, where did you get this from? Direct from ion-factory? Or you know of a UK supplier?

I had the caroncover for my iPad 2 and loved it, was worth every penny! I want this case but ideally from a UK retailer, so please let me know where if it was from a uk seller!

7. wrkactjob thread starter macrumors 65816

wrkactjob

It was posted direct from Lantau island, I don't believe it is available in Europe yet.

There will be a carboncover like you had for your ipad2 coming out for the 3 mid April. Hold out for that?

8. keogh macrumors member

keogh

Ahh cool, I'll definitely hold out for one of those badboys! Cheers.

9. glen e macrumors 68030

10. 10-Dee-Q macrumors 6502

Bandung, West Java, Indonesia & Singapore
    so did you buy the carbon cover yet ?

still deciding which one to get
    the carbonado
    or the carbon cover for the new iPad

will the case scuff or scratch the bezel?

and another thing
    i put a carbon fiber skin on the back of my iPad
    will the case still fit ?

11. spzjulien, Oct 25, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2012

spzjulien macrumors newbie

beware carbonado ... ipad 3 fall

i ordered carbonado form uk reseller covershop (very nice reseller !)

[​IMG]

but as advertised on ion factory website u can think carbonado work in stand mode
    .... for me not true .... my ipad 3 keep falling .... i dont know if mine is defective
    but for 90$/70euro high quality case that dont work in stand mode is complety usseless for me
    this is basic on many ipad case .. They allmost all work in stand mode !, not this one ......

here is my small video abt it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9Jv5G23JZM

for me the best case will be same bacK TPU + original leather smart cover from apple ....... carbonado .. is close to that .... but fail on Stand mode (i use my ipad on stand mode 70% of the time)

the carbonadon was defective ... i send i back and they refund me ..... end of story