iOS 10.2.1 + Airplay (dropping connection with apple tv)

Discussion in 'iOS 10' started by nandosk8, Mar 31, 2017.

1. nandosk8, Mar 31, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2017

nandosk8 macrumors newbie

hello my friends,

I have a 3rd generation apple tv and I use it a lot with my iphone 7 plus (iOS 10.2.1) to watch videos on tv through airplay. I noticed that lately, I think after the installation of iOS 10, there has been a frequent drop in the connection when I am watching a video through airplay. I tried mirroring, same thing happened. It is not always, but when it happens, the video stays with a black screen, and you have to reconnect the apple tv (which by the way is in the latest version), through control center.

For example, I am watching a video through apple tv (air play) from some website on safari, but after 20-30 seconds, the connection drops, and when I unlock my iphone, the screen is black and the output is back on iphone in control center.

My iphone was restored by itunes without getting backup. When I had iOS 9, it was not a problem at all...

I tried to use airplay from safari and chrome, both the same problem. My home internet is 50M, and the router is a new one. I tested with an old router as well, same thing, sometimes the airplay drops.

Has anyone ever experienced this??

PS: - apple tv is connected to the router by cable
    - Wifi is working just fine without any problem
    - apple tv is working just fine without any problem (youtube, netflix....)

2. nandosk8 thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi,
    - I have just restored my iPhone to iOS 10.3.1 (iTunes - clean install, no backups)
    - I restored as well to factore defaults my Apple TV

Even so, the problem still persists!! Is there anything else to do??
    Thanks