Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
Any of the bugs remain from 10.2.1 beta 1?

Background Refresh Bug?
Also, really hoping something with the iTunes backup has been addressed.

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
I hope this version does not have the issue which lose connectivity/cannot connect to wifi randomly.

Poontaco

macrumors 6502
Feb 2, 2014
Exactly the same situation for me. Golden in 10.1. Garbage in every release thereafter.

That must be why they are still working on it.
It was terrible for me on 10 and 10.1, but a little bit better on 10.2.
The only time my iPhone 7+ has streamed flawlessly was with 10.2 beta 1 specifically.

sbailey4

macrumors 601
Dec 5, 2011
USA
Any of the bugs remain from 10.2.1 beta 1?

Background Refresh Bug?
Also, really hoping something with the iTunes backup has been addressed.
Like what specifically from beta 1? (not including iTunes backup as I never have an issue backing up via iTunes). Background refresh bug? What is that about? I only have a few items set for background refresh and don't really know what bug I am looking for there. AFAIK its working fine.

Tony_YYZ

macrumors regular
Jun 30, 2015
That must be why they are still working on it.
It was terrible for me on 10 and 10.1, but a little bit better on 10.2.
The only time my iPhone 7+ has streamed flawlessly was with 10.2 beta 1 specifically.

Just waiting on the Public Beta to go live so that I can update to B2.

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
Like what specifically from beta 1? (not including iTunes backup as I never have an issue backing up via iTunes). Background refresh bug? What is that about? I only have a few items set for background refresh and don't really know what bug I am looking for there. AFAIK its working fine.

According to beta 1 thread, "The annoying bug in Background App Refresh is back when you change a newly added app to off, exit settings and when you go back, all apps default back to on"

I only use BAR for a few things so don't want to upgrade if its going to be running for everything.

sbailey4

macrumors 601
Dec 5, 2011
USA
According to beta 1 thread, "The annoying bug in Background App Refresh is back when you change a newly added app to off, exit settings and when you go back, all apps default back to on"

I only use BAR for a few things so don't want to upgrade if its going to be running for everything.
Hmm I have not see that either. But I am not regularly adding new apps either. So if that is when it happens I dunno. I did just go in and saw a few that were set to on that seem'ed to be ones that were updated recently so turned them off, exited and back in and nothing changed. So maybe it did fix it. Interesting that a few that updated recently got turned back on but it was only those not all apps.

Jayson A

macrumors 68030
Sep 16, 2014
Safari and mail still stutter when opening.

Also, closing animations are exactly the same... anyone who says otherwise is wrong.

Reactions: VSMacOne

BalutFX

macrumors member
Sep 11, 2013
Snohomish, WA
Safari and mail still stutter when opening.

Also, closing animations are exactly the same... anyone who says otherwise is wrong.

Safari is broken for me. Does not display correctly and will not work with some web links. I had to download Chrome to edit this post.

[Update] Never mind. Found that the problem was a content blocker that I recently installed and set too many restrictions. Turned it off and all back to normal.

Last edited:

Dave_iPhone6s

macrumors regular
Apr 8, 2016
Any news on iTunes backup issue being resolved?
I have made several backups now on both b1 and b2 without getting the error message. All backups have completed successfully. Running iTunes 12.5.4 and Sierra 10.12.2. Looks like they finally fixed the problem!

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
I have made several backups now on both b1 and b2 without getting the error message. All backups have completed successfully. Running iTunes 12.5.4 and Sierra 10.12.2. Looks like they finally fixed the problem!

Sounds good. I think I will update later.

Dave_iPhone6s

macrumors regular
Apr 8, 2016
Sounds good. I think I will update later.
Damn... I shouldn't have said something, just received the freaking error message... =(

Have you heard anything more from your bug report? Could they replicate it? I haven't heard a thing from the report that I sent...

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-12-21 at 21.28.42 copy.jpg
    Screen Shot 2016-12-21 at 21.28.42 copy.jpg
    223.8 KB · Views: 241

bilibug

macrumors 6502
Aug 27, 2008
Stockton NJ
Two observations with this build:

1) I think that the sound quality in the music app has changed, at least over Bluetooth. It sounds more muffled and compressed, for both locally stored and streamed music. I notice this easily, since I tend to listed to the same playlist. I checked the EQ settings, etc. Nothing has changed.

2) This build may have finally fixed the issue where the Music App loses it's place after disconnect, restart or phone reboot. For the first time, it is reconnecting and continuing to play the last played playlist/song, instead of defaulting to playing all of the songs in my library alphabetically (was really getting sick of hearing "Aaron Burr, Sir").

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
Damn... I shouldn't have said something, just received the freaking error message... =(

Have you heard anything more from your bug report? Could they replicate it? I haven't heard a thing from the report that I sent...
Ugh I guess I will stay put then. Nothing back yet. Thanks for the update.

sbailey4

macrumors 601
Dec 5, 2011
USA
Ugh I guess I will stay put then. Nothing back yet. Thanks for the update.
Also didnt mention but when Dave replied it hit me, I am using iTunes for Windows not MAC. Could be something to that I suppose regarding backups if you are also using MAC.

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
Also didnt mention but when Dave replied it hit me, I am using iTunes for Windows not MAC. Could be something to that I suppose regarding backups if you are also using MAC.

Hmmm maybe. Maybe it's a Mac issue only.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.