Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

gk712

macrumors newbie
Sep 11, 2013
new and unread email notifications on lockscreen disappear after unlocking phone und pulling down NC without opening them via 3D touch or so before unlocking the phone! who else? bug?!?

Last edited:

stoopkidblues

macrumors 6502
Mar 21, 2014
I was wondering that too, even though I don't understand why they would choose to do it like that since it doesn't seem like it has any meaningful relationship. Anyway, I have AT&T, maybe others that have/don't have the app will chime in.

AT&T here (unsure if carrier settings were updated/haven't received a notification requesting carrier update).

I'm showing TV provider app in Settings but I have DirectTV (through AT&T) so haven't been able to do single sign-on.

All that being said, I show the TV app. It showed after the update and I'd assume you tried the normal troubleshooting (hard reset, clean update via iTunes, etc.) so only thing I can think of is maybe something with your location (like if you download through a different store not the US store)?

sbailey4

macrumors 601
Dec 5, 2011
USA
All of a sudden my iPad Air 2 keyboard is showing up mid screen, not at the bottom. A restart didn't fix. Bad enough that I may have to downgrade.
Maybe reset all settings 1st? Worth a shot.

I wonder if there are any noticeable changes. 150+ MB over Beta 1. Can't imagine its much visual, but more under the hood.
475 mb after its ready to be installed.

Odd. My videos app jumped out of its designated folder and in that same folder was the TV app.
Same here. "Apple Apps" folder and TV was put in there and video app thrown to screen 3.

Enygmatic

macrumors 65816
Jan 27, 2015
Various
I'm confused by the TV app. I know we can't access content yet but why is there still a Videos app?? The TV app shows everything the Videos app does so although I know it can be deleted why is it included to begin with?
It's not fully fuctional... and it doesn't allow accessing Shared (Home Sharing) libraries yet.

The Doctor11

macrumors 603
Dec 15, 2013
New York
It seems really odd to me to have both the TV app and a videos app. It seems the TV app can do everything the videos app does. Am I missing something, I was never a heavy user of the videos app.
[doublepost=1478568744][/doublepost]New TV provider section in settings.

IMG_0601.PNG

IMG_0602.PNG

[doublepost=1478569078][/doublepost]
can anyone confirm this animation bug please or just me have this ?
I'm also seeing that animation bug.
[doublepost=1478569180][/doublepost]For those of you without the TV app, did you update OTA? My 7 Plus and Air 2 both updated via iTunes both have the TV app.

Reactions: tech_apple

ajiuo

macrumors 65816
Apr 9, 2011
Has anyone found a way to get the TV app back if you accidentally delete it?

ajiuo

macrumors 65816
Apr 9, 2011
Also... if you don't have the TV app and ask Siri to open the TV app she will give you a link to the App Store but it's not there.

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
Hmm. Lots of stuff regarding TV app. I don't have cause I am in Australia. And I remove video app immediately when I see it pops up again on home screen.

zorinlynx

macrumors G3
May 31, 2007
Florida, USA
One question that comes into my head is...

Why does all this TV stuff have to be built into the OS? Why can't it just be an app?

Wouldn't it make more sense to have an app that can be updated independently of the OS to resolve issues?

stoopkidblues

macrumors 6502
Mar 21, 2014
It's not fully fuctional... and it doesn't allow accessing Shared (Home Sharing) libraries yet.

Ohh so I guess when it goes GM and released publicly the Videos app will be removed? (I know we'll pretty much have to wait and see through the betas but wanted to make i didn't miss anything during the keynote/release notes)

stoopkidblues

macrumors 6502
Mar 21, 2014

Why does all this TV stuff have to be built into the OS? Why can't it just be an app?

Wouldn't it make more sense to have an app that can be updated independently of the OS to resolve issues?

Because tied with iTunes maybe? They obviously want to promote their content too and I guess tv is kind of morphing into "apps"/monthly subscriptions anyway?

N1mber

macrumors newbie
Nov 21, 2013
I signed out of the app store and singned back in with my US account. And the 'tv-provider' settings appeared in settings

But only the settings. Still no app.

Last edited:

Frost17

macrumors regular
Aug 17, 2011
I had some major wifi issues after updating. Would not stay connected to any networks. Reset network settings to resolve issue. In case anyone else has this problem...

Defender2010

Cancelled
Jun 6, 2010
I'm guessing the videos app will be going. Tv app seems to be the equivalent of Music - it even looks the same.

MrGimper

macrumors G3
Sep 22, 2012
Andover, UK

I've been saying this for years with all the built-in apps. Decouple them from iOS and have them update like any other app from the App Store. Then when there is an issue or enhancement, we don't have to have a whole new iOS update, just an app update.

Reactions: SR71

Ryankontos

macrumors regular
Aug 9, 2016
Sydney, Australia
I've been saying this for years with all the built-in apps. Decouple them from iOS and have them update like any other app from the App Store. Then when there is an issue or enhancement, we don't have to have a whole new iOS update, just an app update.

That would make their major software releases a lot less exciting though. I mean, it would be nice, but iOS is mostly the apps it comes with. If they could independently update those apps at any time, the yearly iOS updates would be rendered quite mundane, and I don't think Apple would do that to themselves.

andybno1

Suspended
Nov 6, 2007
Liverpool, UK
Found a strange bug which has been reported if I tell Siri to shuffle music my phone will only pull in one song on repeat

Attachments

• IMG_0179.PNG
    IMG_0179.PNG
    1.5 MB · Views: 266

jsgtpd

macrumors member
Dec 26, 2012
I can't get the public beta 2 to show up for me. Maybe because I'm in Canada? A body else have this problem?

I'm on iPhone 7 plus

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.