Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

greywolfe

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 14, 2012
Great Lakes Region of US
Trying to sync IOS Calendar to Google calendar (google dot com, not google calendar app).
Open the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad
oNgiAHllsVNLD6DfyVQNVdXX6f15GEmyS8zWGiMNod-mvBJNnUK09HMPygfXnpBc82QTrBlFi-Aj7TW2B2JBeWtjw_IsDfqB4tG8KWC83tDA7yCcqiRwUrYuOAOOuz6oLw_LSkMGEQ9X6clLP5McLyyaQkzCLi6YFQ=w5000-h5000
  1. Touch Calendar.
  2. Under "Accounts," touch Add account
    nHFGZ_9xjCh-mP83zMzXQVJF5VYf2n6kwoBIxB2zv3V4VPT4gNTtBye8lYznogLqLPY=w13-h18
    Google.
  3. Enter your email address
    nHFGZ_9xjCh-mP83zMzXQVJF5VYf2n6kwoBIxB2zv3V4VPT4gNTtBye8lYznogLqLPY=w13-h18
    Next.
  4. Enter your password.
  5. Touch Next.
After this, the iPhone seems to talk to Google servers, it seems to validate my credentials, gives no error, then takes me back to the Add Account screen in my settings. It does not take me to a new Google Account screen where I can enable Calendars and disable the rest (Mail, Contacts, Notes) although I briefly see that screen flash before it automatically goes back to the Add Account screen.
When I go back up one level from the Add Account screen in settings to see the list of Accounts on my phone, the Google account is NOT there.

Any thoughts or ideas?

FYI, have posted similar queries in Apple support and Google support. No response from either to date.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.