Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

cswifx

Suspended
Dec 15, 2016
The Genius toggle in Settings (under Music) seems to do nothing. Is this an iOS 10.2 issue, or just iOS 10 in general?

It's an Apple Music issue. The Genius toggle itself actually doesn't do anything. If you use Apple Music, Genius should've been automatically enabled and disappear.
[doublepost=1483434693][/doublepost]
Dose not show data!!!

It's supposed to show a message and call button. Try another contact, preferably one stored on your device. Also try rebooting and see if the issue persists.

Apple NZ

macrumors member
Sep 23, 2010
New Zealand
I'm in NZ and even though the News app isn't available here, I've still had the News widget available.

Since updating to 10.2 and doing a reset all settings, I no longer have the News widget on my iPhone. iPad still has the widget though.

Anyone experienced the same issue, or is it just me?

Fixed the issue by switching region and language to US/US English, then back to NZ

kingston73

macrumors 65816
Dec 23, 2015
For anybody who updated and now has a broken home security camera, I got a call from Tmo's "executive branch" yesterday and was told that they know there's a problem but it's not up to them to fix and suggested I contact the app developer. I had already contacted the app dev who told me it's a Tmo problem and suggested I contact them. When I told the Tmo rep this he just said "I'm sorry, most likely there will be no fix from our end" but he at least gave me a $50 credit for my bill. End result, if the app dev for my specific camera can't fix the issue I won't have a home security camera anymore unless I find a public wifi spot to check from.

McGiord

macrumors 601
Oct 5, 2003
Dark Castle
It's an Apple Music issue. The Genius toggle itself actually doesn't do anything. If you use Apple Music, Genius should've been automatically enabled and disappear.
[doublepost=1483434693][/doublepost]

It's supposed to show a message and call button. Try another contact, preferably one stored on your device. Also try rebooting and see if the issue persists.
iOS 10 Music app doesn't enable the Genius Playlist. In the Music settings you have to had iCloud Music Library disabled for it to show up. Apple is kind of trying to push us into buying the monthly subscription service, which I will never pay unless it's less than what i pay for iTunes Match or FREE.
Apple need to fix this and bring back the functionality we used to love.
[doublepost=1486906344][/doublepost]
iOS 10.2
Monday, December 12, 2016
Build Version: 14C92

As always: Please report bugs to Bug Reporter on the web (a developer account is not required to do this).

Changes

• AT&T 27.0.1 (all other carriers are 27.1)
Bug Fixes
Bugs
  • Music.app - If you are not subscribed to Apple Music, you cannot tap on the artist and go to the artist's songs.
  • iPhone will lose mobile network connection randomly. Only turning on and off airplane mode could restore connectivity. Irrelevant to ISP.
Other

Official Release Notes

TV

- Use Up Next to see the movies and shows you're currently watching and pick up where you left off
- Get recommendations for new movies and TV shows in Watch Now
- Discover new apps and the latest iTunes releases in the Store
- Access the Library for your iTunes purchases and rentals

Emoji

- Beautifully redesigned emoji that reveal even more detail
- Over 100 new emoji including new faces, food, animals, sports, and professions

Photos

- Improves stabilization and delivers faster frame rate for Live Photos
- Improves accuracy of groupings of similar photos of the same person in the People album
- Fixes an issue where Memories might generate a memory from photos of screenshots, whiteboards or receipts
- Fixes an issue where the camera would stay zoomed in after switching back from the Camera Roll on iPhone 7 Plus
- Additional support for RAW digital cameras

- Adds new love and celebration full screen effects in Messages
- Fixes an issue that sometimes prevented the keyboard from displaying in Messages

Music

- Swipe up the Now Playing screen to more easily access Shuffle, Repeat and Up Next
- Choose how to sort Playlists, Albums, and Songs in Library

News

- Stories you've saved for later now appear the new Saved section
- The best paid stories from channels you subscribe to will now appear in a dedicated section in For You
- It's now easier than ever to get to the next story, just swipe left or tap Next Story while reading

Mail

- Fixes an issue that caused the Move sheet to persist after filing a Mail message
- Addresses an issue with long press activating copy and paste in Mail
- Fixes an issue in which the wrong message would be selected after deleting a Mail conversation

Accessibility

- Adds BraillePen14 support to VoiceOver
- Fixes an issue where the braille table could switch unexpectedly with VoiceOver
- Fixes an issue where sometimes Siri enhanced voices were unavailable to VoiceOver
- Fixes an issue where VoiceOver users could not re-order items in lists
- Fixes an issue where Switch Control was sometimes unable to delete Voicemails

Other improvements and fixes

- Adds notification support for HomeKit accessories including window coverings, occupancy, motion, door/window, smoke, carbon monoxide, and water leak sensors
- Adds notification support for HomeKit accessories when software updates are available to HomeKit accessories
- Improves Bluetooth performance and connectivity with 3rd party accessories
- Fixes an issue that could cause FaceTime participants to appear out of focus
- Fixes an issue that could cause FaceTime calls to appear with incorrect aspect ratio and orientation
- Fixes an issue that prevented some Visual Voicemail from completing playback
- Fixes a Safari Reader issue that could cause articles to open as empty pages
- Fixes an issue that could cause Safari to quit unexpectedly after marking an item as read in Reading List
Please include Genius Playlist not enabled for iTunes in the Cloud.

Attachments

• IMG_8254.PNG
    IMG_8254.PNG
    592.7 KB · Views: 142
  • IMG_8255.PNG
    IMG_8255.PNG
    540.5 KB · Views: 152

McGiord

macrumors 601
Oct 5, 2003
Dark Castle
Musicians need to live too.
exactly, that's why I buy their CDs and load them to my iTunes in the cloud Library, they hopefully get paid by Apple everytime I play their songs. I pay for iTunes Match. No justification for them to disable Genius Playlists.

Last edited:
Reactions: cswifx
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.