iOS 10.2 [on 5S?]

Discussion in 'iOS 10' started by SSAJ, Dec 13, 2016.

1. SSAJ macrumors 6502

2. Rok73 macrumors 65816

Rok73

No, but what's your question? And why not put the 5s relation into the title? ...

3. SSAJ thread starter macrumors 6502

Because i wanna know the performance and the battery life

4. I7guy macrumors G5

Ink, performance and battery life is fine. There are two in the house running 10.2. Ymmv though as acceptable performance is based on the individual.

5. deano1972 macrumors 6502a

deano1972

My old spare phone is a 5s and it's been running 10.2 for weeks now since beta 1 of it. Battery life is slightly better than 9.3.5 in my opinion as a comparison. The only thing I will say is it seems slightly laggy at times on ios10, but I think some of that is to do with getting used to using an iPhone 7 so when I pick up the 5s it now seems slow in comparison. However turning on reduce motion got it back up to speed and it doesn't particularly feel too slow compared to the iPhone 7 generally.

6. Lodesman macrumors regular

Lodesman

Yes, we use two of them and they are on 10.2. I cannot say that I notice much of a difference since updating. The phones continue to do the job they were bought for three years ago.

The addition, through updates, of various bells and whistles all go over my head I'm afraid.

We have no wish for larger phones so have little interest in the 6 or 7 models, however, when I finally decide to upgrade, it will probably be to the SE or equivalent.