Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

d4gli

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 15, 2016
Zurich, Switzerland
Hi everyone,

after upgrading to iOS 10.2 (final) I'm expecting several problems connecting to SSL/TLS services. This includes HTTPS, SMTP, IMAPS, [...]. Pre 10.2 devices are still running und syncing, but every 10.2 device runs in connection troubles on every secure layer protocol.

The server systems are configured with DNSSec, TLSA, 4k RSA cert, 4k DH key for PFS. Root CA is known and imported on every device. The problem came straight up after upgrade on every device. Even a fresh installation doesn't solve this; it seems to belong only to 10.2. I can't find any related points in the actual changelog.

Anyone else?

d4gli

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 15, 2016
Zurich, Switzerland
Alright, this belongs to my used certificates from StartCom CA. With ios 10.2 and even with the new macOS Sierra 10.12.2, the SubCA 'StartCom Class 1 DV Server CA' got revoked in keystore (iOS won't display any warning, error message or sth. like that).

Edit:
After I knew to look at I found:
"Apple products will block certificates from WoSign and StartCom root CAs if the "Not Before" date is on or after 1 Dec 2016 00:00:00 GMT/UTC."
I can confirm latest iOS 10.2 enforces this. SSL requests will fail immediately.
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204132

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.