Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rorosbutt

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 6, 2013
When I'm on the phone and I press the sleep/wake button and the screen locks. I can not turn the screen back on for about 10 seconds. I noticed that the first time you press he sleep/wake button it takes you to the call screen and you have to press it again so the screen actually locks.

Also, I got a call earlier and the screen wouldn't show someone was calling but the phone was ringing. Luckily, I could see who was calling on my watch.

Anyone else having screen issues on iOS 10.2??

Reactions: Michaeldim96

SSAJ

macrumors 6502
Aug 30, 2016
When I'm on the phone and I press the sleep/wake button and the screen locks. I can not turn the screen back on for about 10 seconds. I noticed that the first time you press he sleep/wake button it takes you to the call screen and you have to press it again so the screen actually locks.

Also, I got a call earlier and the screen wouldn't show someone was calling but the phone was ringing. Luckily, I could see who was calling on my watch.

Anyone else having screen issues on iOS 10.2??

Yeah there are a lot of lock screen bugs on 10.2 i am in a 5S and also experiencing these issues.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Just thought I would mention that it seems like this might not be an issue anymore in iOS 10.3 (at least it seemed to work fine for me).

Reactions: Rorosbutt

Rorosbutt

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 6, 2013
Just thought I would mention that it seems like this might not be an issue anymore in iOS 10.3 (at least it seemed to work fine for me).

I'm not sure. I believe it was not a bug. Just something Apple put to make sure the phone would not accidentally activated while putting in pocket etc.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I'm not sure. I believe it was not a bug. Just something Apple put to make sure the phone would not accidentally activated while putting in pocket etc.
It didn't work like that before and now seems to be back to working this way again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.