iOS 10.2.x and later: TV App Missing Feature

Discussion in 'iOS 10' started by Yebubbleman, Feb 28, 2017.

1. Yebubbleman macrumors 68030

Yebubbleman

Forgive me if I'm late to this party and there's already a thread about this, but is it my imagination or did Apple remove the ability to delete individual downloaded TV episodes from the new "TV" app (that replaced the "Videos" app in iOS 10.2)?

Like, if I on, say a 32GB iPad compatible with iOS 10, decided to download the three most recent episodes of The Walking Dead to catch up on while traveling, should I not be able to delete them individually as I watch them so as to reclaim space? Because I do not see this option and the following Apple support article heavily implies that this functionality is effectively gone: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204343#movies

This effectively makes it so that to delete a single episode, I need to delete the whole series, and then re-add what I didn't want deleted. Am I wrong in my assertion that this is how it is? Am I crazy for thinking that this is ridiculous?

2. Yebubbleman thread starter macrumors 68030

Yebubbleman

Edit: I'm dumb. I found the ability to delete the individual episode. For whatever reason, I wasn't able to get it to work before. But holy crap, what a terribly designed app.