Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rgarita11

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2016
earth
After every beta update, I find that battery is terrible. So I turn off and on, and it seems to correct it.. Happens to anyone of you guys?

Reactions: madara889

Max_Fiedler

macrumors newbie
Dec 5, 2016
So I think beta 7 is better then 6 in terms of performance and now it's on par with beta 5. I'm very satisfied with this beta.

ad931

macrumors regular
Sep 1, 2013
Athens, Greece
Since 10.3 beta 2, every time I've got a "Not enough storage space" message, iOS' cache cleaning has been much better. Seeing 1 GB worth of space being cleared up. Seems like the benefit of APFS.

Earlier iOS' cache cleaning was a hit or miss and wouldn't clear up all of the cached files.

Which app are you using to clear the cache??? AFAIK, there are no 10.3 compatible cache cleaning apps on the App Store, all the "well known" cleaner apps which I had, did absolutely nothing.

Magic Cleaner (Daniel Anderson) says its 10.3 compatible, and did clear the cache by about 1GB, but this app bricked my iPhone 6 three times whilst running, requiring a full DFU restore!!!!

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
Positive that nothing like that is enabled. Try it again wth the following info. 3D Touch on an app that is on the top half of your screen and an app that doesn't present a "widget" when pressed (so you can still see the icon after 3D touching). 3D Touch Then tap somewhere else on the screen to dismiss the 3D Touch. During the animation that brings you back to your home screen, you will see the icon that you had 3D touched will shift slightly to properly orient it in line with the other apps. Happens every time with different amounts of shift for different apps. Completely fixed in beta 6 but is back in beta 7.
Not seeing this on my 6s.

Radon87000

macrumors 604
Nov 29, 2013
Positive that nothing like that is enabled. Try it again wth the following info. 3D Touch on an app that is on the top half of your screen and an app that doesn't present a "widget" when pressed (so you can still see the icon after 3D touching). 3D Touch Then tap somewhere else on the screen to dismiss the 3D Touch. During the animation that brings you back to your home screen, you will see the icon that you had 3D touched will shift slightly to properly orient it in line with the other apps. Happens every time with different amounts of shift for different apps. Completely fixed in beta 6 but is back in beta 7.

Can confirm that it's there. The icon shifts slightly after the blur of 3DT disappears

planetf1

macrumors 6502a
Aug 8, 2014
Hampshire, UK
Wifi Calling working normal for me (AT&T iPhone 7). Came on within one minute of install boot.

I wonder if it's specific to three uk... Or it could just be issue with my current location.. or indeed the three service

Update... It does work. Three may have tweaked priorities or I was unlucky. Disabled 3g and WiFi calling connected. It was always meant to be on low signal but consistently flickered on at home!

SoN1NjA

macrumors 68020
Feb 3, 2016
You're right, I can see that, it's very minor and it goes to the left, but I can see it

I was thinking of a much more dramatic thing I've seen before

Chazzle

macrumors 68020
Jul 17, 2015
You're right, I can see that, it's very minor and it goes to the left, but I can see it

I was thinking of a much more dramatic thing I've seen before
Yeah, it's subtle and not really bothersome. I'm just curious what fixed it in beta 6 only to be back in beta 7. Oh well. 10.3 > 10.2.1

uandme72

macrumors 68020
Mar 2, 2015
The network signal is much better than all the earlier betas on 6s. Never got this speeds earlier.
e2e4f844f7d483554f758148c9d2c489.jpg

Edit: no network drop since boot.
Which App is displaying these results on the iphone?

LordQ

Suspended
Sep 22, 2012
With all the performance regressions and battery issues in iOS 10, MacOS Sierra, and other recent Apple software releases - I'd actually prefer if Apple took time off new features (except Siri - that's in desperate need of brain surgery) and truly refined and optimized the existing OSs and fixed the inordinate amount of bugs that have been present for a long time now.
Agree, we need that so-called Snow Leopard release.

Reactions: g75d3

alecc131

macrumors 6502
Nov 13, 2013
For at least several beta releases, going into a story in the News app does not restore the previous scroll position of the story. The 10.2.1 version of News does not have this problem. I've seen this bug in at least the last few beta releases on both iPads and iPhones. I reported the bug a few builds ago.

Persistent scroll position and persistent UI in general is something that subtly sets Apple apart so it really bugs me. Anyone else seeing this?

The News app is horrible on my 7+ in this beta. Very slow to refresh. Gets stuck loading. A little better on iPad.

Tassu1234

macrumors newbie
Apr 8, 2016
iMessage read receipt bug is still there. Also in mac 10.12.4 beta 7. I`ve send maybe 20 bug report, but nothing happened to this bug.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.