Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

anubis1980

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2012
My battery life has been crazy sporadic on my 6S. Will drain quickly to 39 % then if I do a hard reboot it jumps to 59?
Yeah same here drains to 18% quickly then takes hours to fully drain sometimes too

sbailey4

macrumors 601
Dec 5, 2011
USA
My battery life has been crazy sporadic on my 6S. Will drain quickly to 39 % then if I do a hard reboot it jumps to 59?

Yeah same here drains to 18% quickly then takes hours to fully drain sometimes too
Yeah it seems the whole battery stats reporting section has issues with this beta for a lot of folks. All sorts of random problems. I am currently showing "Backup 17% low signal". What is low signal using backup? Always on wifi and I manually run a backup and takes only a minute or two so...........

Last edited:

gwhizkids

macrumors G4
Jun 21, 2013
Not an issue for me (7/64mb/AT&T). Did you try a hard reset?
I did do the hard reset (if by that, you mean holding the power and home buttons simultaneously for 10 or so seconds and not a factory reset). No luck

Suspended
Jul 18, 2011
Beta 2 seems much more unstable than 1. I had a very strange screen freeze whist playing a game today - fuzzy lines running horizontally which cased a complete kernel crash. I'm actually very tempted to do a clean install when beta 4 arrives.

Also, the previous day, the phone turned off at 7% and then prompted me to charge via the boot loader screen (whatever it's called officially?). After waiting a while, the phone came back on at 8% and ran fine till 0%. Hopefully it's recalibrated itself since...

I appreciate that 10.3 is a huge change, so I'm still really excited about the move to the new filesystem. Not least for the reclaimed storage. I've gained around 4Gb on my iPad Air!

[EDITED: incorrectly referenced beta 3/2, rather than 2/1]

Last edited:

andy.ringwood

Suspended
Nov 20, 2016
Hoping for some actual UI changes (however small) in beta 3! I appreciate implementing the new file system is a lot of work but a few visual changes would be welcome!

ZEEN0j

macrumors 68000
Sep 29, 2014
Anyone know if negative degrees in the expanded weather widget is fixed? It shows -1 on the main big number. But on the hourly view it says 1 degrees etc.

teddybearstand

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2013
Getting some random UI stutter on this beta. Safari sometimes just completely freezes. Kinda weird. 6s.

cswifx

Suspended
Dec 15, 2016
Getting some random UI stutter on this beta. Safari sometimes just completely freezes. Kinda weird. 6s.

I get occasional complete system freezes, about 2 or 3 since beta 1. It should be normal for a beta that changes so much under the hood (i.e. APFS).
Reset All Settings should fix some problems.

Etiene

macrumors regular
Dec 28, 2011
Amsterdam
Battery life shocking since the latest public beta release, and 7+ running super hot even if just browsing or listening to podcasts/music via BT with screen off. Only usually runs this hot when running a GPS app (had mixed fortunes on this through several generations, but most run hot under GPS).

Hard resets not worked - FB and Messages showing as main culprits (have removed FB but doesn't seem to be the issue...). Any other ideas...?

dhananjaya

macrumors newbie
Feb 19, 2017
how to fix no service bug ios 10.x
6s
IMG_0252.PNG

Jayson A

macrumors 68030
Sep 16, 2014
Closing webpages on my iPad causes the animation to skip quite a few frames and looks odd. There's a massive gap in the animation where the blank web page comes flying in from behind the one you just closed.

sbailey4

macrumors 601
Dec 5, 2011
USA
Battery life shocking since the latest public beta release, and 7+ running super hot even if just browsing or listening to podcasts/music via BT with screen off. Only usually runs this hot when running a GPS app (had mixed fortunes on this through several generations, but most run hot under GPS).

Hard resets not worked - FB and Messages showing as main culprits (have removed FB but doesn't seem to be the issue...). Any other ideas...?
Take a look at iCloud and backup. Also maybe disable, reboot then enable mail accounts. iCloud has been known to cause this type of issue and this particular beta has iCloud backup issues.

Ludatyk

macrumors 603
May 27, 2012
Texas
Have anyone experience any iCloud storage issues?

Apparently, I have 27GB of storage in documents.... but when managing my iCloud storage on my iPhone, I don't see how that is possible. I'm also checking on my Mac and don't see any documents that is taking up that much iCloud storage.

AllergyDoc

macrumors 68000
Mar 17, 2013
Utah, USA
Other than having more free space on my Mini 4, I'm not enjoying this beta much. 3 times (so far) I've flipped open my Smart Cover to use it only to see it's restarted itself. Battery life fluctuates, as many have said. My 7 + seems to be running fine on it, however.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.