Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

sbailey4

macrumors 601
Dec 5, 2011
USA
Really? It's not any slower in this video at 5:21:

I dont know about that video but real life its slower for sure. On 6s when you closed a folder it would fly closed before 10.3. Now its sorta flows closed and same as when open. Slowly, smoothly opens and closes. Don't get me wrong its not super slow just not like a blink like it used to be. Others have noticed this too so I am convinced its changed not just that I thought it seemed to be different. Probably a small animation timing change they made.

Jayson A

macrumors 68030
Sep 16, 2014
Not sure battery life is what is a main focus of a beta, especially early betas.

We are talking about the slowness of it. It is certainly smooth now and consistent from open to close but a lot slower. I dont think its a bug tho. I suspect its an "on purpose change" to smooth things out.

Oh really? The person I quoted specifically said "Folders still not 60fps" so that would lead me to believe the animation is choppy (or below 60fps).

pmostoff

macrumors member
Jul 21, 2015
From my experience using Beta 2 so far I definitely think they tweaked widgets as someone mentioned earlier. Not experiencing blank widgets anymore when I swipe to the page, they seem to be remembering and displaying the previous data before updating. Small change but noticeable and nice.

dan9700

Suspended
May 28, 2015
i kinda wish beta 2 had more noticeable changes like better features etc but i think ios 11 is the main one and now its only back end stuff

alfon_sico

macrumors regular
Oct 3, 2015
From my experience using Beta 2 so far I definitely think they tweaked widgets as someone mentioned earlier. Not experiencing blank widgets anymore when I swipe to the page, they seem to be remembering and displaying the previous data before updating. Small change but noticeable and nice.
It's a enhance so evident since September. Can't understand why it reload every time as new when you can fix the last state and wait till update

macrumors 65816
May 23, 2016
Middle East
Was there on 10.3b1 - great though whichever beta :) of only they could get visual voicemail working for Three...

It wasn't. I had a discussion with 3 over it and it wasn't supported on carrier 27.5.1. Had to wait for 27.5.2.

BeauGiles

macrumors regular
Nov 23, 2008
Sydney, Australia
The sorting of playlists in the Music.app has changed, and now mirrors iTunes (sadly).

Previously the sorting (if sorted by playlist type) would display your own folders of playlists, followed by your own playlists, and then the Apple Music Playlists.

Now with iOS 10.3b2, Apple Music playlists are at the top of the list when sorted by type, rather than at the bottom.

AZhappyjack

macrumors G3
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
The lCloud backup issue (iCloud Backup: Nightly backups should no longer fail with the error message “Some files were unavailable during the last backup.”)

Is not fixed... just did an iCloud backup with the same results.

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
Not sure battery life is what is a main focus of a beta, especially early betas.
More than one user says their iPhone battery life is negatively impacted since iOS 10.2.1. Was great before iOS 10.2.1. Apple is rumored to fix this issue in future software update but it remains unclear.
I disagree. I had great battery life in earlier betas 10.1.X and such... days later with 10.2.X, battery drains like the road runner...even on standby
Yes. One of my relatives using iPhone 7 also says her iPhone battery is suddenly a lot worse than before.
I don't think my battery suddenly becomes that bad, even the charge cycle is over 300.
[doublepost=1486429013][/doublepost]
Now with iOS 10.3b2, Apple Music playlists are at the top of the list when sorted by type, rather than at the bottom.
Guess this is what Apple wishes.
I don't have Apple Music so all good for me.

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
More than one user says their iPhone battery life is negatively impacted since iOS 10.2.1. Was great before iOS 10.2.1. Apple is rumored to fix this issue in future software update but it remains unclear.

Yes. One of my relatives using iPhone 7 also says her iPhone battery is suddenly a lot worse than before.
I don't think my battery suddenly becomes that bad, even the charge cycle is over 300.
[doublepost=1486429013][/doublepost]
Guess this is what Apple wishes.
I don't have Apple Music so all good for me.

Yes. You're iPhone battery is that bad. Call Apple. Let them run a diagnostic. I guarantee you they will say it needs to be replaced. Doesn't matter how many cycles you have. Your health is under 80%. That means your battery is consumed.

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
Thats because your battery is consumed (as posted in the other thread). Has nothing to do with the beta. Your battery needs to be replaced.
But maximum battery capacity should not fluctuate even if the battery capacity has gone below 80%.
Anyway, I am seeking for battery diagnostics service. Hope Apple could find out the true reason.
Sounds like a battery issue. My 7+ has had a couple hours of moderate-heavy usage so far today on 10.3b1 and I'm only at 65%.
After a few hours of charging and discharging, maximum battery capacity, or we can say remained capacity, goes from 41% to 69%, then 76%. This is abnormal. Plus, this is not the battery percentage number we all can see beside battery meter.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.