IOS 10.3 Does Not Pair To WATCHOS 2.2 !!!!

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by clauzzz203, Mar 28, 2017.

1. clauzzz203 macrumors regular

I just updated my iphone to ios 10.3 and it unpaired my watch, with no way to pair back without forcing me to update from watchos 2.2 and losing my glances screen.

[​IMG]

2. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

Same as this. The OSs MUST match since they are integrated.

[repeat]As I stated before wOS is a part of iOS. For instance certain features are controlled on and by iOS so the iOS MUST be the same as the wOS to work together. For instance iOS has a completely new file system now (APFS). Do you expect Apple to write the new wOS to be backwards compatible with the last file system too?[/repeat]

3. JackieInCo macrumors 601

Maybe the OS is too old on the watch. I have three Apple watches, only one was updated to 3.2, the other two are on 3.1 and the phone is on 10.3. I am still able to use the two watches not upgraded to the new OS 100% and they are still paired.

4. clauzzz203 thread starter macrumors regular

I agree with you but I think the Glances removal in watchos 3 is the biggest bulls**t done by apple so far to the watch. Updating it now, no choice left but this really is a case of being tricked and forced against my will.

5. JackieInCo macrumors 601

And by the way, the iPhone being upgraded to the latest OS has to allow an Apple watch to stay paired that is on the previous OS version because, how else would you be able to update the watch that hasn't been updated yet? So the line about the iPhone and Apple watch needing to be on the same version isn't exactly true.

You can't however pair the watch upgraded to the latest firmware to an iPhone not running the latest version.

6. clauzzz203 thread starter macrumors regular

so besides calling me a liar, you are calling my screenshot a liar as well?

7. JackieInCo macrumors 601

Who's calling you a liar?

8. clauzzz203 thread starter macrumors regular

9. JackieInCo macrumors 601

That obviously doesn't apply to you. My post above is stating that my watch is on 3.1 and I am still able to use it with my phone on 10.3. Your OS is obviously too old to allow this. I was referencing Julien's reply above saying the watch and phone must be on the same version.

10. Relentless Power macrumors G5

Relentless Power

@JackieInCo wasn't calling you a liar. I think the point is, you have to be up-to-date on your iOS version before you can fully integrate your watchOS version to 3.2. Basically, both iOS and watchOS have to work in tandem with each other.

11. clauzzz203 thread starter macrumors regular

thanks everyone, now syncing it on 3.2... fingers crossed

12. CobraPA macrumors 6502a

You could revert your phone to 10.2.1 though... Assuming that was the version you had that supported watchOS 2.2 still.