Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gobikerider

Suspended
Apr 15, 2016
United States
My iPad Air 2 is going stronger than ever with iOS 10.3 and I expect it to continue even in iOS 11. Due yourself a favor and get off iOS 8 and enjoy the new multitasking, bug fixes, and smoother performance yet. iOS is a insult to the iPad Air 2 power

Reactions: Smoovejayy

Smoovejayy

macrumors 6502
Jan 20, 2012
10.3 is awesome on my Air 2. Apple still hasn't fixed the issue of the keyboard not sitting directly on the bottom of the screen.

stooovie

macrumors 6502a
Nov 21, 2010
Same as before. Which isn't bad. But don't expect any noticeable long-time boosts.

Tritto

macrumors regular
Jan 29, 2014
I've been running the betas on my air 2. No problems. Could be faster and smoother, but that could just be placebo.

XTheLancerX

macrumors 68000
Aug 20, 2014
NY, USA
I don't own an iPad Air 2 but I use that model iPad fairly frequently as they have them at school. It runs absolutely amazing on iOS 10.2, I know. I have an iPhone 7 Plus, so I know what good performance feels like for this day and age in iOS. 10.3 I can imagine is even better on that iPad.

gobikerider

Suspended
Apr 15, 2016
United States
I've been running the betas on my air 2. No problems. Could be faster and smoother, but that could just be placebo.
Faster no I think the Air 2 has hit its limits of how quick it'll load things, that said it's more than quick enough to handle iOS 10 and probably iOS 11. I can confirm however it is much smoother and the stuttering I've experienced has been eliminated.
[doublepost=1490828836][/doublepost]
I don't own an iPad Air 2 but I use that model iPad fairly frequently as they have them at school. It runs absolutely amazing on iOS 10.2, I know. I have an iPhone 7 Plus, so I know what good performance feels like for this day and age in iOS. 10.3 I can imagine is even better on that iPad.
Oh it is

l.i. bruce fan

macrumors member
Oct 5, 2012
Does 10.3 resolve some of the bugs in 10.2 on the iPad Air 2? More specifically, mine randomly gets stuck in either landcape or portrait orientation and there is nothing you can do except wait it out and I need to periodically "force close" the mail app or it gets extremely wonky (gets stuck, does not show the entire left pane, becomes un-navigable, etc.)

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
Does 10.3 resolve some of the bugs in 10.2 on the iPad Air 2? More specifically, mine randomly gets stuck in either landcape or portrait orientation and there is nothing you can do except wait it out and I need to periodically "force close" the mail app or it gets extremely wonky (gets stuck, does not show the entire left pane, becomes un-navigable, etc.)

I have encountered that issue but very rarely, usually its trying to rotate to portrait. I wouldn't notice it often though because I rarely do that. Currently I'm not having a problem with that but it could take days to show itself.

Update through iTunes to get the entire OS.

jumpingjackflash

macrumors regular
Nov 13, 2016
Scandinavia
Since Air2 is so "old" device and it has been through many iOS update cycles for most of us, would it be a good idea to have a fresh start with iOS 10.3? I mean with this new file system and everything just start the device as a new because there might be a chance that older iOS versions on the "background" will slow it down?

Has anyone made a comparison yet with air2 (with all previous updates + 10.3) vs air2 (just 10.3)?

twinlight

macrumors 6502a
Sep 4, 2016
I have had my iPad Air 2 16GB running perfectly fine for years. I update the same day the updates are out and it has always worked fine.

It has had its share of rotation bug. It comes and goes no matter iOS version. It's easily fixed but locking it and waking it.

Can't believe you're still on iOS 8.

Racineur

macrumors 6502a
Jun 11, 2013
Montréal, Québec
Hello, I upgraded my Air 2 to 10.3. Happy to report the rotation bug (which affected my iPad a lot) is gone. As far as I can see and feel, nothing has slowed down. Actually, it's a little bit snappier. As for the battery life, I'll charge it when iOS tells me to do so at 12%. In a nutshell, I am not disappointed with 10.3.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.