General iOs 10.8.2 and blue tooth

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by kakvas, Dec 27, 2012.

1. kakvas macrumors newbie

I am operating a MacPro with 10.8.2 operating system. However, the blue tooth to my Canon i100 printer is not working. I'm told by Canon that it works with earlier versions of iOS but that there is a bug in the current system and several other blue tooth issues exist such as with keyboards,and that I should just wait for it to be fixed. Is this being worked on?

2. Stuke00 macrumors 68000

Probably would get more help in the Mac or OSX forum.. This one is for iOS and mobile devices.

3. spyguy10709 macrumors 6502a

spyguy10709

iOS has nothing to do with the Mac. That's OSX. I'm not even sure what you're asking. What are you trying to print from, an iOS device or your mac pro? If it's the Mac Pro, just print using USB.

4. kakvas thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you. I am new to Apple and still learning the correct terminology. I am trying to print to my portable canon printer using blue tooth from my MacPro 13" retina laptop. I am able to print using a USB cable so that is a 'work around" but if I could get the blue tooth to work it would be less to pack in my brief case. I called canon and they said the blue tooth worked with earlier versions of OSX but that they were aware of blue tooth issues (not just withs their printer but with other items such as blue tooth keyboards, etc.) withs the 10.8.2 OSX that I am running but that they though Apple would be sending out a fix. It has been about three months and my software is up-to-date so I am wondering if there IS a fix in the works, or, if Apple is even working on a fix.

Thanks again. I apologize for my less than precise references.