iOS 10 and watchOS 3 Coming September 13, macOS Sierra Coming September 20

Discussion in 'iOS Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Sep 7, 2016.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

At today's event held at the Bill Graham Civic Center in San Francisco, Apple announced the new iPhone 7 and 7 Plus, the Apple Watch Series 2, and shared release dates for iOS 10, watchOS 3, and macOS Sierra.

[​IMG]

Both iOS 10 and watchOS 3 will be released to the public on Tuesday, September 13, three days before the September 16 release date of the iPhone 7 and the iPhone 7 Plus. The iPhone 7 and the iPhone 7 Plus will both ship with iOS 10 while the Apple Watch Series 2 will ship with watchOS 3.

macOS Sierra will be released to the public one week later, on Tuesday, September 20, according to Apple's macOS Sierra webpage.

Apple has not yet provided a release date for the tvOS 10 operating system that has also been in beta testing since June. The tvOS 10 website simply says "Coming Soon."

Article Link: iOS 10 and watchOS 3 Coming September 13, macOS Sierra Coming September 20

2. StrangeNoises macrumors member

StrangeNoises

Never mind "One more thing," I'm starting to miss "Today."

3. HajiDiRobertis macrumors newbie

HajiDiRobertis

4. whyamihere macrumors 6502

whyamihere

Ugh, so much for unlocking my rMBP with my :apple:Watch on the 13th. :(

5. btrach144 macrumors 65816

btrach144

iOS 10 and wOS 3 betas are solid but I'm shocked about Serria coming out so soon. It needs more polish.

6. chrismail627 macrumors regular

chrismail627

I have found iOS 10 to run very well on my iPad Pro 9.7. I think it's ready for it's public release...

7. allanfries macrumors 6502a

allanfries

Damn!! I was hoping to install IOS10 of my 6s today. Yes, just so I can delete stock apps. :D Oh well?

8. buckwheet macrumors regular

hmm... I'm just thinking; would they really release macOS 12 (or Sierra) without any new hardware? Really? Just plunking a free system update on their site? That doesn't make much sense... I'm wondering (probably wishful thinking) whether there might still be a mac-related hardware announcement before then (or maybe on the 20th)?

9. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

10. person s macrumors member

person s

in Sydney at this moment it's lunchtime on the 13th
    no iOS 10 here :(

[it's ok, I know it's coming at 10 am Pacific time]