Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Frankied22

macrumors 68000
Nov 24, 2010
To those not having any issues: did you setup as a new iPhone or just put the beta on? I just installed it without setting up as new and I've been getting quite a few bugs.

-Audio pauses when I open messages almost always
-Mini player in the music app freezes and becomes unresponsive
-Apps crashing
-Phone crashing and restarting
-Keyboard lag when using quick reply on a notification
-Screen orientation lock not working, requiring a restart
-Safari reloading more than usual

I'm running it on a 6S.

Cancelled
Jul 6, 2015
To those not having any issues: did you setup as a new iPhone or just put the beta on? I just installed it without setting up as new and I've been getting quite a few bugs.

-Apps crashing

I'm running it on a 6S.

I installed it on my 6, without restoring. Just updated. The only issue that I ran into, was that Facebook crashed, like 5 times, but that's it. Everything else works perfectly, even all the issues that you have experienced. :)

Reactions: thegrants82

lagwagon

Suspended
Oct 12, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

-Apps crashing

I'm running it on a 6S.

These days (and for quite some time now) it really doesn't make much difference at all if you install via ipsw file in iTunes or OTA directly from the device.

Back in the day when OTA updates were new, they were a bit flakey. But those days are pretty much over and for the
most part it's just people stuck on that mentality of the old days.

Issues you're having are more or less just beta issues that affect some but not all. Sometimes a reset settings fixes a chunk of them. Sometimes a new build is required.

oftheheavens

macrumors 68000
Jul 9, 2008
cherry point

-Apps crashing

I'm running it on a 6S.

I installed as new and some days it is perfect and some days it isn't. This leads me to believe there is a code/memory leak (or whatever) somewhere. As far as your list goes:

-my audio pauses when i open messages or even use siri to compose a reply. this makes it really annoying when my music turns off in the car
-don't use apple music i use spotify so don't have an answer for this one
-a few apps crashed a couple times and then tend to work themselves out (see my initial response on my theory as to why)
-I sometimes don't even get a message box when trying to quick reply and have to open the messages app to respond.
-To add, sometimes the keyboard in the symbols sections doesn't have buttons behind some of the objects
-haven't really used orientation lock except on iPad which isn't on 10
-safari seems darn near perfect to me.

Frankied22

macrumors 68000
Nov 24, 2010
I installed as new and some days it is perfect and some days it isn't. This leads me to believe there is a code/memory leak (or whatever) somewhere. As far as your list goes:

-my audio pauses when i open messages or even use siri to compose a reply. this makes it really annoying when my music turns off in the car
-don't use apple music i use spotify so don't have an answer for this one
-a few apps crashed a couple times and then tend to work themselves out (see my initial response on my theory as to why)
-I sometimes don't even get a message box when trying to quick reply and have to open the messages app to respond.
-To add, sometimes the keyboard in the symbols sections doesn't have buttons behind some of the objects
-haven't really used orientation lock except on iPad which isn't on 10
-safari seems darn near perfect to me.

It must just be random for everyone. I'll be curious to see if the next beta fixes some of my issues.

oftheheavens

macrumors 68000
Jul 9, 2008
cherry point
Nobody can assure anything that apple is going to put out next.

yeah you're right. I am now sure, because of your input, that they will release Beta 0 next instead of moving forward with improvements on Beta 1 by releasing 2. Seriously, no one knows what apple will "release" but I can tell you for sure that they wouldn't release a less stable beta and call it beta 2.

thegrants82

macrumors 65816
Jun 15, 2013
Right here
yeah you're right. I am now sure, because of your input, that they will release Beta 0 next instead of moving forward with improvements on Beta 1 by releasing 2. Seriously, no one knows what apple will "release" but I can tell you for sure that they wouldn't release a less stable beta and call it beta 2.
Lol. Wow that touched a nerve for some reason.....sorry for getting you all worked up.

MizuNoHane

macrumors member
Jul 24, 2014
It's been an interesting experience on my 6 Plus, with several bugs that might make it a deal breaker if others were to have them (and big disclaimer this may just be my own device - installed OTA):

-Mail doesn't work at all, it keeps coming up with an error message when trying to download emails but I can see new mail with their subject lines in the Inbox.
-Quick reply notifications won't automatically enlarge the text bubble when the message spills beyond one line. When replying to any text there's a significant hangup after typing the first 3 or so letters before registering all subsequent taps.
-When setting an alarm and choosing the ringtone to wake me up I can't get it to stop playing after I exit the app. I have to go back into Music, play a new song to override it and then pause it.
-Camera viewfinder comes up with a black screen but it successfully takes the photos!

None of these are resolving with hard resets. I'm keeping it, though, because WatchOS 3 has been so great I could give up using my phone for the next few months easy.

Sylon

macrumors 68020
Feb 26, 2012
Michigan/Ohio, USA
This alarm bug:
  • Alarms remain on the Lock screen as "Snoozing" with a minus amount of time once they have been stopped.
You guys not getting this? did you install OTA or thru restore?

I've been running beta 1 for a week or so now, everything has been fine except for periodic laggy'ness and Facebook crashing all the time, but just discovered a similar alarm bug just today. I use 2 alarms in the alarm app and 1 in a 3rd party Alarm Clock app (don't judge me, it works for me). The 3rd party app stays on all night as a clock, so the phone never locks thru the night. However, there is a bug that prevents drop-down notifications from disappearing when they appear while the phone is unlocked. Because of this, the alarm clock (which uses drop down notifications for some reason) have to wait for the previous notifications disappear before it goes off. Well, my phone got a lot of notifications while I was asleep and they prevented the stock alarms from going off. I nearly overslept. Thankfully the 3rd party app went off. As I was swiping away all the drop down notifications, the stock alarm went off 30 minutes late.

Tthomas612

macrumors 65816
Aug 24, 2013
I have been running iOS 10 on my SE which I have been using as my daily driver for about a month.

Thus far everything is great and working absolutely fine. A matter of fact my battery life seems better... Everything is fast with few lags and bugs noticed this far

thegrants82

macrumors 65816
Jun 15, 2013
Right here
I have been running iOS 10 on my SE which I have been using as my daily driver for about a month.

Thus far everything is great and working absolutely fine. A matter of fact my battery life seems better... Everything is fast with few lags and bugs noticed this far
A few lags and bugs is not absolutely fine. It's a beta and the first one at that...absolutely fine is around beta 4.

mariusignorello

Suspended
Jun 9, 2013
Just wait until beta 2 when they "fix" things...
:D
[doublepost=1467094760][/doublepost]
Beta 2 is always the most fun.

oftheheavens

macrumors 68000
Jul 9, 2008
cherry point
Just wait until beta 2 when they "fix" things...
:D
[doublepost=1467094760][/doublepost]
Beta 2 is always the most fun.

Yeah there has been a few b2's that were a little "tricky". Some things get fixed for the better and somethings just make you wonder what the engineers (coders or whatever) are actually getting paid for. Kind of like a car in some ways, you fix one thing and while you're fixing it you break something else....Like stripping the threading off a bolt, hate that crap.

Reactions: mariusignorello
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.