Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

clunkmess

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 28, 2011
California
I reverted back to iOS 9. There just isn't anything really compelling to keep it as a daily driver. The new iMessage additions are cool but they can only be used with people who have iOS 10 B loaded.

oftheheavens

macrumors 68000
Jul 9, 2008
cherry point
I am using it as well and nothing is bad enough not to use it. Phone works, email works, text works. Really the only little problems are mentioned above about iMessage not able to use the new features unless the other person has the beta installed

Reactions: clunkmess

danieldavis3643

macrumors newbie
Jun 14, 2016
I'm running this on my daily driver. I haven't had many issues at all. No reboots or reap rings. Battery life isn't bad either. The only issue I have is that I can't upload photos to Facebook through the official app, it just crashes. Other than that, it's a very good beta build. I think I will keep running this for a while longer yet!

furbzv1

macrumors 68000
Sep 17, 2014
im running it on my daily. Havent had any issues yet, except BofA app doesnt work but aside from that is running smooth.

cambookpro

macrumors 604
Feb 3, 2010
United Kingdom
No. Never install a beta on a daily driver. I learned this the hard way with iOS 9 betas.
Yeah, the iCloud activation bug and Apple Watch notifications bug in 9.3 betas leave me hesitant. Was fun for a bit but don't have the time at the moment.

Running iOS 10 on my iPad Air though, seems OK. Nothing major. Few UI glitches here and there and the keyboard behaves weirdly in Safari - keeps jumping down the page and often forces caps lock, but apart from that it's stable. Quite slow on my Air though, wonder if it will improve or not before Autumn.

trikotret

macrumors regular
Nov 26, 2015
I've been running it for a few hours so far. Everything is running fine with the exception of BofA app. I just access browser until the app gets updated. Battery is fine but seen better results in iOS 9.3.3. I noticed message app has a minor stutter when it loads. Overall I'm impressed for the first beta.

mhoepfin

macrumors regular
Oct 8, 2014
I'm reverting back to 9.3.2 for now. The Bank of America App keeps crashing on iOS 10. I can't not have access to that app. Maybe I'll try again in Beta 2.

Interestingly the BofA app works fine on my iPad Pro with ios10 but not my iPhone 6s+.

tooobe

macrumors regular
Nov 3, 2008
This is so unstable (did an upgrade from a perfectly working iOS 9 setup though). Restoring to iOS 9 now. iOS 10 actually makes me think iOS is heading in the wrong direction. Brings nothing that I want. But I guess there are some amazing changes to what developers will be able to do with all the API's coming. Going to try out Android for a little while and see how that feels :)

tjleonard

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2013
Haven't use Facebook, I don't use it to often, but everything else so far is great. Only thing that got me is that due to the restore I lost all my text message history (I knew it was gonna happen just wish it didn't). Waze is working great along with Spotify which are my top two used apps.

I know this isn't an AW thread but the beta on that is running better than expected as well!
[doublepost=1465909585][/doublepost]

Man I haven't used my iPhone on forums yet but this would drive me nuts. I tend to use the iPad for forums so hopefully I don't run into this to often on the iphone
haha to be honest it's driving me crazy, but for the few messages I post on this forum from my phone is enough for me to get up and then go grab my uipqd.

**please forgive typos, I'm using ios10 and can't see what I type **

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
I don't use Skype, but Facebook and Nightshift are both working great.

Although Facebook's icon in the settings app looks super weird for me.
Facebook is broken in this beta, although you may be able to post new post in Facebook app.
I switch to use web version until next beta.
And the icon looks also super weird for me.

blasto2236

macrumors 6502a
Nov 4, 2012
Facebook is broken in this beta, although you may be able to post new post in Facebook app.
I switch to use web version until next beta.
And the icon looks also super weird for me.

I've had it crash a few times, specifically when searching for something, but it's still usable for me.

oftheheavens

macrumors 68000
Jul 9, 2008
cherry point
haha to be honest it's driving me crazy, but for the few messages I post on this forum from my phone is enough for me to get up and then go grab my uipqd.

**please forgive typos, I'm using ios10 and can't see what I type **

ran into the "can't see what I'm typing" issue yesterday. That is the only thing I have found that is really frustrating so far in iOS 10

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.