Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

bahndoos

macrumors 6502
Jul 9, 2010
Don't know if it's just me or not, but the home screen wallpaper kinda seems dimmed down. Like it doesn't seem as bright as it used to be.
1a6290ff108f5615a017578ff1258ab1.png
It's a new 'feature'. Allows you to have home screen wallpaper that you otherwise wouldn't due to it being too bright or too busy to see the icons clearly.

TeToslaw

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2013
How to make hard reset properly right now on iOS 10? Every time I'm trying to do this I'm making screenshot. Any solution?

macrumors 65816
May 23, 2016
Middle East
For some reason the bubble effect on messages isn't working on my wife's iPhone 6. EG If I send a love heart on a pic she sends she gets a text wording saying a heart digital touch was sent. Rather than the heart appear next to the pic.

Any thoughts? We're both on 10 DP3 and I have a 6 plus.

Anyone got any ideas as to why it would do this?

ConnYoungy

Cancelled
Aug 14, 2010
Replying to a message from the lock screen was much better not using 3D Touch.

1 step vs 2.

On the lock screen. 3D Touch an iMessage notification for the Rich Notification reply vs having to swipe left to reveal the "View" option and then tapping on "View" to get the same thing.

3D Touch is easier IMO.

Those are good, but for example adding a song in music to "Up Next" now requires a 3D touch vs a quick tap on the three dots and then "add to up next".

3D touch is noticeably slower for things that used to require a tap but now required 3D.

But absolutely, NEW 3D touch features like the message example are very handy

pratax2

macrumors regular
Sep 29, 2014
I'm not sure if this is something new from the last beta or from iOS 10, I never realized before but now we can FINALLY delete photos from the camera roll selecting them from custom albums (before by Default it deleted the photo from the album but not from the camera roll, now we have both options)
3a654187208d09ced3683c37719772fb.png

Micool1

macrumors 6502
Aug 4, 2014
Anybody else got all the settings repeating twice in the Watch app in the Clock section? I see all the settings and if I continue scrolling it shows the same settings again.

EDIT: It's fine now, I guess it was just a bug.

Last edited:

macintoshmac

Suspended
May 13, 2010
I have hit my second snafu in beta 3. Out of the blue, Messages app has decided to stop responding. It starts, my message threads don't show, and after a while it crashes back to springboard. How to solve this?

anish16

macrumors member
Jun 23, 2015
anyone notice the "Alert Style When Unlocked" is now animated in App Notifications or was it always like that?

Anijake

macrumors 6502
Oct 19, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
I have two strange things:

1) the maps app does not say my house number correct when arriving. My number is 2175, when starting it says getting directions to 2175 xxxx, but when arriving it says the destination "20" is on your right. submitted ti Apple.

2) when 3D touch on music app, and select the current song in pause mode, it app opens but does not go into play mode, just opens the app, should it not start playing?

Chris in DC

macrumors regular
Aug 4, 2014
At some point in the last 24 hours, all my keyboard text replacement shortcuts disappeared. I've had iOS 10 all this time. Also, it won't let me create and save them again.

gwang73

macrumors 68020
Jun 14, 2009
California
At some point in the last 24 hours, all my keyboard text replacement shortcuts disappeared. I've had iOS 10 all this time. Also, it won't let me create and save them again.
There may be a less painful way but I fixed mine by doing a Reset All Settings and they all came back and hasn't disappeared since.

Danny182

macrumors member
Oct 18, 2015
At The moment it's not possible to download all songs from an artist ?
I have to go inside each album and download the album?

keigo

macrumors regular
Nov 6, 2006
the bluetooth bug still there. When I connect to a bluetooth earphone sometime the volume will become so soft and I have to go 100% then it will sound like the normal 50% volume.

I have to turn off bluetooth and back on then connect the bluetooth earphone then sound level will be back to normal again.

Reactions: hojx

Nikhil72

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2005
the bluetooth bug still there. When I connect to a bluetooth earphone sometime the volume will become so soft and I have to go 100% then it will sound like the normal 50% volume.

I have to turn off bluetooth and back on then connect the bluetooth earphone then sound level will be back to normal again.
Still a known bug, although it oddly affects only certain headphones. My bose QC35 and soundsport wireless both have this issue, but my Bang and Olufsen H7 does not. Odd. Either way, I expect it'll be fixed at some point.

Reactions: Enygmatic

Chris in DC

macrumors regular
Aug 4, 2014
And now the keyboard has popped up randomly and won't go away until I enter text into the spotlight search and hit cancel. Very strange how these bugs just started appearing out of the blue.

christian.terra

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2014
This happened to me once and they all came back later on without me having to do anything. Very strange, but it looks like it does fix itself.

gwhizkids

macrumors G4
Jun 21, 2013
Anyone else experiencing a situation where Calendar is randomly sending meeting replies to accepted Exchange created meetings after the acceptance? I am not initiating these replies myself. Its irritating co-workers so I may need to revert back to 9.3.3 if I can't get this resolved.

AppleChic76

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2014
It's a new 'feature'. Allows you to have home screen wallpaper that you otherwise wouldn't due to it being too bright or too busy to see the icons clearly.
Really? Who voted for THAT?! LOL!
[doublepost=1469460979][/doublepost]

Hmmm. I've noticed that too. It's not stopping playback like it was before, but I am still noticing that the volume at what used to be my "normal" is still pretty low.
[doublepost=1469461025][/doublepost]
Does anyone's app switcher freezes via multitasking? When I open the app switcher to switch to an app, it would just freeze. iPhone 6s here.

Yes, mine does that every now and again (6s Plus).

Reactions: Deeznuts.

Natya Sadella

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2016
Anyone having problems with the reminders app, not reminding? I set a reminder for 16:00 and it does show up in the 'whats next' widget but thats it. No notification at all :/

shk718

macrumors 65816
Jun 26, 2007
i noticed an inconsistency in their two map related widgets (up next (technically calendar) and maps destinations. my default is to use transit not traffic. the up next widget uses transit (subway) but the maps destinations is still using traffic. the destinations widget used to know where i worked - but forgot. apples has this great icloud service - i don't understand why alot of the personal data isnt stored there so when we get a new phone of os it doesn't have to re-learn everything all over again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.