Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Foss

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 11, 2008
I have a 9.7 iPad Pro Wifi. I cannot get Beta 3 to install as it keeps saying the firmware on the restore image is corrupted. I've tried deleting and re-downloading with no success yet. Anyone else encounter this issue?

QuarterSwede

macrumors G3
Oct 1, 2005
Colorado Springs, CO
I have a 9.7 iPad Pro Wifi. I cannot get Beta 3 to install as it keeps saying the firmware on the restore image is corrupted. I've tried deleting and re-downloading with no success yet. Anyone else encounter this issue?
I'm having a similar problem on my 6 Plus. It says there's an issue installing it.

QuarterSwede

macrumors G3
Oct 1, 2005
Colorado Springs, CO
Oddly enough, upgrade on my 6S Plus finished without a hitch.
Got it working OTA by deleting the update then redownloading it.

Go to Settings > General > Storage and iCloud Usage > Manage Storage
Swipe the update to the left and press Delete.
Then re-download the update from Settings>Software Update.

joec1101

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2010
So Cal, USA
Are you trying this via OTA or did you download the ipsw file? If you are trying it with the ipsw file, you must have Xcode 8 beta 3 installed on your mac.

Foss

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 11, 2008
Are you trying this via OTA or did you download the ipsw file? If you are trying it with the ipsw file, you must have Xcode 8 beta 3 installed on your mac.
Strange that the ipsw for my iPhone worked fine without installing Xcode3. Any who, I'm installing Xcode 3 now and will update. Thanks!

Foss

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 11, 2008
No joy still. Added my UDID to my developer profiled, but OTA is still not showing an update.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.