iOS 10 beta Cellular downloads

Discussion in 'iOS 10' started by nusynergy, Aug 6, 2016.

1. nusynergy macrumors regular

Has anyone else noticed that in iOS 10 you are able to download any sized apps over the cellular network? Normally when i try to download anything over 100 Mb it says that i have to wait until im connected to WiFi. I've just downloaded a 498 Mb app over cellular :)

2. Shirasaki macrumors 604

Shirasaki

Many members have spotted it. This would surely a welcome change for those having unlimited mobile data plan but guys like me who only have 4-5GB/mo would need to take extra care or suffer ridiculous bill at the end of billing month.

Hope Apple adds a switch for it, or enable it based on your carrier and plan.

3. slenpree macrumors 6502a

slenpree

In previous iOS 10 beta's you would still get the message but the download would continue as normal. I have to confess, I haven't done a 100+MB app update over cellular since beta 4, has the message now gone as well?

* update: just updated a 186MB app over cellular, worked fine without even a warning or message. But tried to install a new app, CSR racing 2, and got the message about being over 100MB and it didn't download.

4. Shirasaki macrumors 604

Shirasaki

It is strange that Apple allows super large app being updated through cellular yet prohibit user from downloading newly purchased super large app. Weird.

5. tjleonard macrumors 6502a

My apps kept updating is beta 1-3 and I blew through 10gb of cellular in 2 weeks.

I had to turn off all cellular data to the App Store.

6. C DM macrumors Westmere

7. hovscorpion12 macrumors 65816

hovscorpion12

iOS 10 has introduced a lot of mobile function not available before. Like app downloads/updates we are now able to stream our iTunes movies/TV shows