Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Regbial

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 10, 2010
I'm hearing you have to press the home button to unlock it in iOS 10. But how does this work on the iPod touch or devices without Touch ID? Anyone know?

Thomas Reilly

macrumors newbie
Jun 23, 2016
I installed iOS 10 beta on my iPod Touch 6th gen three days ago. To answer your question, you press the home button and then enter your four digit passcode which unlocks the device.

Regbial

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 10, 2010
I see. That really sucks. I'm not a fan of using the homme button any more than is absolutely necessary. I prefer the usual sleep/wake button followed by a swipe. I always hear how it (home button) breaks for people. Hopefully Apple will change it before release. But honestly theres probably a very slim chance of that happening.

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
I see. That really sucks. I'm not a fan of using the homme button any more than is absolutely necessary. I prefer the usual sleep/wake button followed by a swipe. I always hear how it (home button) breaks for people. Hopefully Apple will change it before release. But honestly theres probably a very slim chance of that happening.

I have had over a dozen iOS devices. Only 1 of them has had a home button break on me and it wasn't even really broken, I just had to press slightly more forcefully in order to get it to register and that was on a 4.5 year old iPad 2. Don't worry about the home button.

XzavierMonroe

macrumors newbie
Oct 31, 2014
Sydney Australia
In iOS 10 is it going to open Apps as Fast as the WatchOs Demo ? because the lag when opening apps should be A lot Faster & if they can do it for the WatchOS why can't they Make it into the IOS Which A lot more people would have.

Is The iOS 10 Fluid without glitching or Lag ? i haven't got a Dev Account so i can't get the Beta .

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
In iOS 10 is it going to open Apps as Fast as the WatchOs Demo ? because the lag when opening apps should be A lot Faster & if they can do it for the WatchOS why can't they Make it into the IOS Which A lot more people would have.

Is The iOS 10 Fluid without glitching or Lag ? i haven't got a Dev Account so i can't get the Beta .

The apps on watchOS are kept in memory. You can only have a maximum of 10 apps in your dock and kept in memory. That would not be possible on iOS because you can't set up a quick launch dock and most people have more than 10 apps that they use on a regular basis.

Its also beta 1, there will be lag and glitching in any beta one of a major release.

Reactions: XzavierMonroe

XzavierMonroe

macrumors newbie
Oct 31, 2014
Sydney Australia
The apps on watchOS are kept in memory. You can only have a maximum of 10 apps in your dock and kept in memory. That would not be possible on iOS because you can't set up a quick launch dock and most people have more than 10 apps that they use on a regular basis.

Its also beta 1, there will be lag and glitching in any beta one of a major release.

Okay,that's fair then.im on an iPhone 6plus 128gig & mines laggy as,maybe they should hurry up with a 9.3.3 update with performance updates & take away lag.

I hope the iPhone 7 is the ultimate phone because My 6Plus isn't working at its best.

vista980622

macrumors 6502
Aug 2, 2012
Okay,that's fair then.im on an iPhone 6plus 128gig & mines laggy as,maybe they should hurry up with a 9.3.3 update with performance updates & take away lag.

I hope the iPhone 7 is the ultimate phone because My 6Plus isn't working at its best.

Should have stayed at 8.3, 8.4 or 8.4.1.
Generally, the last minor update to the launch-year firmware performs best on Apple devices.

XzavierMonroe

macrumors newbie
Oct 31, 2014
Sydney Australia
Should have stayed at 8.3, 8.4 or 8.4.1.
Generally, the last minor update to the launch-year firmware performs best on Apple devices.

Yeah i should of.just seems to be a lot of lag on my iPhone 6 plus & its not even that old.
Im Really getting over the Music App Though,The Amount of times i have to re-download music from iCloud its insane.They Should of Made the Music App Separate from the Radio App.i have 128 gig & All my music is getting Played from iCloud & Everytime i wanna listen to a new Song i have to re-download it from iCloud,Apple needs to fix this issue in iOS 10 Because not everyone wants the Radio in the Music App.

ackmondual

macrumors 68020
Dec 23, 2014
U.S.A., Earth
I have had over a dozen iOS devices. Only 1 of them has had a home button break on me and it wasn't even really broken, I just had to press slightly more forcefully in order to get it to register and that was on a 4.5 year old iPad 2. Don't worry about the home button.
I've replaced my IpT3 and IpT4 after a few years of usage. My IpT5 is the first on that'll be approaching 3 years of usage. Home button still works fine. I've put a screen protector on it and keep it in my front pocket. I take decent enough care of it, although I do NOT put it in a case. Build quality seems to be pretty good thus far.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.