iOS 10 birthday view on Notification Centre

Discussion in 'iOS 10' started by realpras, Sep 25, 2016.

1. realpras macrumors regular

realpras

Hi Guys,

Before iOS 10, if you swipe down to your Notification Centre, it will give you a list of people's birthday under the date. But on iOS 10 it's now gone. Overall, I like iOS 10 better than previous versions, but this minor thing really bugs me.

[​IMG]

The Calendar widget doesn't help as well cos it somehow doesn't show all-day events like Birthdays.

Is there a way we can achieve this on iOS 10 as of now, preferably without help from 3rd party apps? I hope Apple brings back this feature in the next updates cos I much prefer this "passive" method rather than actively getting notifications for birthdays in the morning.

2. LordQ Suspended

LordQ

Not sure how to bring back that persistence sentence, but you can add calendar notifications (at 9:00 am) to birthdays.

3. pilot3033 macrumors member

Contacts with birthdays show up in the calendar widget as all-day events. I agree, I really miss the textual narrative in iOS 9's notification center. It was super clean, condensed, and worked to convey the vital info with little effort. I guess more people enjoy the ability to mess with that info and tweak/customize it, because now it's all broken down into individual widgets.

4. KoolAid-Drink macrumors 65816

That's weird, because on mine, contacts with birthdays still don't show up on the Calendar All-Day event in the Notification Center. Is there anything I can do?

5. mpfuchs macrumors regular

mpfuchs

Same here.