Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macphreak2011

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 7, 2011
has anyone noticed the brightness in the latest iOS 10 is not as bright as previous versions?

I thought it was something in my settings until I compared it to the same exact phone with a previous version of iOS 9. See the attached image to see how they compare. Both screens are at 100%. Auto brightness is turned off.

Anyone else see this on their devices at all?

Attachments

• IMG_3368.JPG
    IMG_3368.JPG
    814.6 KB · Views: 285
Reactions: AppleChic76

lagwagon

Suspended
Oct 12, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Did you check Settings > General > Accessibility > Display Accommodations > Reduce White Point?

iOS 10 added a slider to that option I believe and heard for some it defaulted that setting on. (Didn't for me)

Reactions: cmeisenzahl

jpn

Cancelled
Feb 9, 2003
sorry not a beta tester here.
but if the base setting on the average users screen is as great as your photo, it will be very odd.
are there other threads on this topic? i can't find any.

but now that i take a closer look at your photo, its at an apple store.

Gav2k

macrumors G3
Jul 24, 2009
Hard to tell really as the backgrounds are different and given the way iOS is backgrounds have a dramatic effect on the display

Skylitfly

macrumors 6502a
May 3, 2014
Did you check Settings > General > Accessibility > Display Accommodations > Reduce White Point?

iOS 10 added a slider to that option I believe and heard for some it defaulted that setting on. (Didn't for me)
This. I had exactly this issue after I updated to iOS 10. Reduce white point was on by default. Turning it off solved the issue.

AppleChic76

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2014
has anyone noticed the brightness in the latest iOS 10 is not as bright as previous versions?

I thought it was something in my settings until I compared it to the same exact phone with a previous version of iOS 9. See the attached image to see how they compare. Both screens are at 100%. Auto brightness is turned off.

Anyone else see this on their devices at all?

Yep. Hate it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.