IOS 10 Camera Shutterspeed

Discussion in 'iOS 10' started by hapticgunnar, Sep 15, 2016.

1. hapticgunnar macrumors newbie

Does anybody know if the 1/2 second limit has changed with ios 10?
    I take a lot of photos with my iphone 6 but the shutter speed limit is really starting to get annoying when i shot at night.

2. C DM macrumors Westmere

3. hapticgunnar thread starter macrumors newbie

No i`m talking about how long the shutter stays open so that the camera sensor can take in more light for low light shots.
    English is not my native tongue so i hope that i`ve explained it right ;)

4. C DM macrumors Westmere

Is that limit there (at least before iOS 10) even using various 3rd party camera apps that allow controls over more things?

5. hapticgunnar thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah its there regardless of which app u use, i do not understand why apple set such a limit...of course there is a lot that apple does that i don't understand the reasoning behind ;)

6. iMacDragon macrumors 68000

iMacDragon

It's probably as long as they can keep it open without needing to do a noise elimination dark shutter after exposure, which I'm not sure it can even physically do.

7. WaruiKoohii macrumors 6502

I just tested it with Camera+ on iOS 10.0.1 and was able to take a 24 second exposure, so the behavior, at least with that app, hasn't changed since iOS 9.x.x

The iPhone camera isn't capable of shooting a dark frame because it lacks a physical shutter.

8. MC6800 macrumors 6502

There are apps that specialize in taking long exposures (summing multiple short exposures), such as Slow Shutter. Will those not work for you?