iOS 10 Haptic feedback on 6s?

Discussion in 'iOS 10' started by emporiky, Sep 18, 2016.

1. emporiky macrumors regular

Hi guys, I am really confused about how apple is planning to use the Taptic Engine on iPhone 6s.
    While I am reading that the new iOS 10 features are coming only to the iPhone 7 (which seems like an artificial differentiation) I still get the occasional 'bump' when I pull that the notifications menu.
    This seems very inconsistent and I am inclined to think that it is a bug and not a feature. Is anyone (non iPhone 7 users) else getting haptic feedback on iOS 10?

2. Suckfest 9001 macrumors 65816

Suckfest 9001

iPhone 6S DOES support all the haptic features of iPhone 7, except for the home button, since the 6S employs a real button.

3. rorschach macrumors 68020

rorschach

It's my understanding that only the 7 models have the "System Haptics" option in the Sounds & Haptics settings. Does the 6s give haptic feedback with system controls (like table view scrolling, toggling switches, spinning a date/time picker)?

Also, the Taptic Engine API for developers is only available on the 7 models.

4. stooovie macrumors 6502a

7 has much more haptic feedback than 6s. A bump with NC is there when you slide it down slowly. Then it's there every time.

5. chrissuth macrumors member

Taptic feedback on notification is there on a slow pull down. It's to indiciate that it will show the search bar instead of notifications. If you stop pulling it down when it vibrates the search bar will appear.

6. M. Gustave macrumors 68000

M. Gustave

It's there with the 6s too. I'm doing it right now on my 6s+.