Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TheColtr

macrumors 6502a
Feb 1, 2014
California
Yes it does. In fact in beta 2 one screen won't even come on. I have my 6S plus and my 9.7 iPad Pro, I say "hey Siri" and the iPad lights up and iPhone stays off. But if I take the iPad away and say "hey Siri" The iPhone will come on. Great feature and I'm loving it.

lagwagon

Suspended
Oct 12, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Now if only Apple would enable Always On Hey Siri for the 12.9" Pro, then I would be happy.

Still baffled by it not having that feature when it has the same M9 coprocessor as the 6s/6s+, SE and 9.7" Pro......

bonjourx

macrumors regular
May 26, 2016
Do this work with iPad mini 4 and 6 plus? Or only the 6s' only and iPad Pro?

Suspended
Jun 23, 2016
New York and Berlin
I never noticed until now that voice training "Siri" works very well. I remember when "Hey Siri" first launched, people would shout it inside cafe's and iPhone's and iPad's would start dinging. Have to admit it was amusing at first. Really impressed that it recognizes the owners voice so well, now this fix makes it much better.

Is it true Apple is finally opening Siri up to developers? I know they locked it down for security which hurt its progress.

Feenician

macrumors 603
Jun 13, 2016
Don't be embarrassed. My text tone has been the Level Up/New Item sound from Zelda II: The Adventure of Link for quite a long time.

Watch: Link
Phone: Ipona
IPad: A Link to the Pad
Mbp: Macarina of Time
ATV: The Great Deku TreeVee

:)

Reactions: lagwagon
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.