iOS 10 "Hey Siri" intelligent device response

Discussion in 'iOS 10' started by TRICKorDEVICE, Jul 9, 2016.

1. TRICKorDEVICE macrumors 6502a

2. TheColtr macrumors regular

Yes it does. In fact in beta 2 one screen won't even come on. I have my 6S plus and my 9.7 iPad Pro, I say "hey Siri" and the iPad lights up and iPhone stays off. But if I take the iPad away and say "hey Siri" The iPhone will come on. Great feature and I'm loving it.

3. lagwagon Suspended

lagwagon

Now if only Apple would enable Always On Hey Siri for the 12.9" Pro, then I would be happy.

Still baffled by it not having that feature when it has the same M9 coprocessor as the 6s/6s+, SE and 9.7" Pro......

4. bonjourx macrumors member

bonjourx

Do this work with iPad mini 4 and 6 plus? Or only the 6s' only and iPad Pro?

5. 32828870 Suspended

I never noticed until now that voice training "Siri" works very well. I remember when "Hey Siri" first launched, people would shout it inside cafe's and iPhone's and iPad's would start dinging. Have to admit it was amusing at first. Really impressed that it recognizes the owners voice so well, now this fix makes it much better.

Is it true Apple is finally opening Siri up to developers? I know they locked it down for security which hurt its progress.

6. Feenician macrumors 68040

Feenician

It iould be better if we could just call the devices by device name, imo. I might have to give mine less embarrassing names though :oops: (they're all Zelda themed at the moment)

7. lagwagon Suspended

lagwagon

Don't be embarrassed. My text tone has been the Level Up/New Item sound from Zelda II: The Adventure of Link for quite a long time.

8. Feenician macrumors 68040

Feenician

Watch: Link
    Phone: Ipona
    IPad: A Link to the Pad
    Mbp: Macarina of Time
    ATV: The Great Deku TreeVee

:)

9. lagwagon Suspended

lagwagon

My device names are Simpson's based. iMac is Springfield and my MacBook Pro is Shelbyville. My other devices I've left stock though.