iOS 10 - iMessage functionality?

Discussion in 'iOS 10' started by happypeople, Sep 13, 2016.

1. happypeople macrumors member

Hello everyone,

I am just wondering if anyone has found a way to remove some of the unnecessary features from iMessage. In particular the ones for the heart beat and what not as well as the iMessage Apps(?) shown in the photo that is attached.

[​IMG]

I personally would just like to be able to disable them as features but I have not had any luck in finding a toggle for them anywhere in the settings. Hoping that there is a solution out there.

Thank you,

Happypeople

Edit: Sorry that the image is so large, its my first time adding a photo to a post on here.

Attached Files:

2. frifra macrumors 6502a

frifra

3. happypeople thread starter macrumors member

Thanks you for letting me know, I really appreciate it.

Fingers crossed that they allow us to disable these features as I really just find them to be in the way more than anything.

4. ghsNick macrumors 68020

ghsNick

I have a question...is there a way for the keyboard to show up when opening a chat?

For some reason I have to go to the bottom and tap the text box for the keyboard to show up.

5. happypeople thread starter macrumors member

I would be happy with just the keyboard showing up instead of having to select it. That is my main reason for not wanting the other stuff there

6. motm95 macrumors member

I also wish these new Messages "features" could be hidden. I like everything about iOS 10 except these childish additions to Messages.

7. mthomas184 macrumors 6502

mthomas184

Im not a huge fan of the stickers but I love the app extensions for iMessage. Especially Square Cash. Makes it so much easier to send and receive money. Although I wish Apple would've integrated Apple Pay that way instead

8. M. Gustave macrumors 68000

M. Gustave

I agree, not happy with iEmojiMessages... but if you tap in the text field, those option icons slide out of the way.