iOS 10 iPad fast charging.

Discussion in 'iOS 10' started by appleguy123, Jun 18, 2016.

1. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

My iPad Pro 12.9 inch's battery is draining while connected to the 29 USBC charger. This never happened to me on iOS 9. I know it's an early beta, but I was wondering if fast charging isn't supported in this beta, or if it's all the work that iOS 10 is doing in the background on my photos that's taking up a lot power.

2. ashindnile macrumors 6502

That can only happen if the cable is faulty, or if you're trying to charge using a laptop, or a lower Amp charge source..

3. rigormortis macrumors 68000

rigormortis

Connect it to a Mac, and run system report, and check usb / usb current to find out how much power its asking for.
    It should say 500+1600=2100 ma

4. appleguy123 thread starter macrumors 603

appleguy123

It's definitely connected to the real (and 2 week old) Apple 29W USB C charger with the official Apple cable. It never drained while in use before iOS 10.

5. ashindnile macrumors 6502

I didn't suggest you had fake accessories, just that they might be faulty ;)

6. maximilianblue macrumors newbie

I'm seeing the same problem here, seems like a bug. iPad pro 12" w/29W USBC Charger, IOS10 beta1. Charges fully then starts discharging until I unplug and plug back in again.

7. virusman macrumors newbie

virusman

My iPhone is also charging slowly and overheating in the process. I've used Instruments to see what's going on and it turns out it's running photoanalysisd at 100% CPU for hours when connected to external power. If you have a large photo gallery, it's most likely the same in your case. Also, it seems like it's doing that indefinitely due to a bug that doesn't let it actually finish analyzing the photo gallery.

8. alecgold macrumors 6502a

alecgold

Nah, don't think it is faulty. I've got two USB-c-->lightning cables and two 29W chargers. Both do work perfectly with my wife iPP 12.9 and not with mine. Seems like there is a bug at iOS10 for fast charging the 12.9".

9. jclardy macrumors 68040

jclardy

Or if there is a bug in the software - the lightning port negotiates the charging speed with the power brick, if iOS 10 has a bug it will just default to the safer amperage. Given the lack of QA on iPad stuff in the iOS 10 beta I would guess they missed this.