IOS 10 + iPhone 6s: screen turns on without reason

Discussion in 'iOS 10' started by Kulfon, Oct 9, 2016.

1. Kulfon macrumors 6502

Hello folks, ever since I have upgraded to 10, I notice that my screen turns on every now and then without reason. I thought maybe I touch a sensor or something, but no. Any ideas?

2. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

'Rase to wake' or is this while lying down flat and untouched?

3. Hermes Monster macrumors 65816

Hermes Monster

The same things happens with mine, unfortunately I have no idea why. Best guess is the best knocked it, or whatever it's laying on slightly and it's triggered the raise to wake action

4. mademan118 macrumors regular

This has happened to all of my devices over the years. I have even caught long press home button voice command menu turning on by itself.

5. BudC macrumors newbie

BudC

There is a "Raise to Wake" feature with iOS 10, try leaving your phone lying flat and watch it for a while to determine if the behavior continues.

6. C DM macrumors Westmere

What device are we talking about? Does the screen turn on for a moment and the device is locked and there's nothing on the screen? Does it happen when you are holding or moving it or when it's just lying down on its own?

7. Kulfon thread starter macrumors 6502

I mentioned in the title:) it is iPhone 6s

8. Aditya_S macrumors 6502

The same thing happens to me, I don't even touch the iPhone so raise to wake can't happen but sometimes it turns on even when I have no notifications.

9. addamas macrumors 6502

addamas

You want to say that phone screen turns on without any movement when it lay down on the table ? Must be motion coprocessor malfunction. If you have it turned off - also you should visit Apple Store

10. C DM macrumors Westmere

Anything about the rest of the questions?

11. big samm macrumors 65816

It happened to me yesterday, I've put my phone on the counter and 3-4 mins later the screen turn on by itself like i raised and waked it lol...

12. StumpyBloke macrumors regular

StumpyBloke

Same here on updated iOS 10 and iPhone 6S plus (I have the raise to wake turned on)