Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MNR

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 4, 2014
hi,
I have an iPhone 6 and for now I'm not considering a possible upgrade to the next iPhone 7 ( or whatever they will call it...).
I was wondering how is your experience with iOS 10 on iPhone 6 and what will be the new features not available.. Will it still be worthy to upgrade or better stay in 9.3?

Thanks

T5BRICK

macrumors G3
Aug 3, 2006
Oregon
None of the 3DTouch related updates will apply since your phone doesn't have 3DTouch. At the moment Raise to wake doesn't work on the 6/6+ either.

Otherwise, all of the UI tweaks apply. You can still uninstall apps. The additional Messages functions still work.

I think it's a good update. It runs really well on my 6+.

lagwagon

Suspended
Oct 12, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
So far as of DP 2/PB 1 the voicemail transcriptions have only been on 6s/6s+ phones. Haven't seen anyone say it works yet on a 6 or lower. (Might come in a later beta, but might not.)

mikzn

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2013
North Vancouver
I was wondering how is your experience with iOS 10 on iPhone 6 and what will be the new features not available.. Will it still be worthy to upgrade or better stay in 9.3?

I have the same questions - would like upgrade to iOS but am wondering is the iCloud drive changes and anything to do with Syncing files / contacts / notes / reminders is going to force a similar upgrade on the MacOS side? I.E. need to upgrade to Sierra from ElCap?

These areas seem to move ahead lock step and in ElCap / iOS9 it really did not work unless both were upgraded?

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.