iOS 10 novelties not working on iPhone 6?

Discussion in 'iOS 10' started by MNR, Jul 17, 2016.

1. MNR macrumors regular

hi,
    I have an iPhone 6 and for now I'm not considering a possible upgrade to the next iPhone 7 ( or whatever they will call it...).
    I was wondering how is your experience with iOS 10 on iPhone 6 and what will be the new features not available.. Will it still be worthy to upgrade or better stay in 9.3?

Thanks

2. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

None of the 3DTouch related updates will apply since your phone doesn't have 3DTouch. At the moment Raise to wake doesn't work on the 6/6+ either.

Otherwise, all of the UI tweaks apply. You can still uninstall apps. The additional Messages functions still work.

I think it's a good update. It runs really well on my 6+.

3. lagwagon Suspended

lagwagon

So far as of DP 2/PB 1 the voicemail transcriptions have only been on 6s/6s+ phones. Haven't seen anyone say it works yet on a 6 or lower. (Might come in a later beta, but might not.)

4. mikzn macrumors 6502

mikzn

I have the same questions - would like upgrade to iOS but am wondering is the iCloud drive changes and anything to do with Syncing files / contacts / notes / reminders is going to force a similar upgrade on the MacOS side? I.E. need to upgrade to Sierra from ElCap?

These areas seem to move ahead lock step and in ElCap / iOS9 it really did not work unless both were upgraded?

5. C DM macrumors Westmere

6. MNR thread starter macrumors regular