Resolved iOS 10 okay on iPad Mini 2?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by ActionableMango, Sep 14, 2016.

1. ActionableMango macrumors G3

ActionableMango

Over the years iOS updates have been hit or miss for me, performance-wise. I'm concerned about it becoming sluggish, so I'm hoping I can hear from some of you early adopters with the same model.

2. jason.rogers macrumors newbie

Working great on mine so far. Orientation animations are a little sluggish but other than that it's just fine

3. TallManNY macrumors 601

TallManNY

I've held off on upgrading as well on my iPad Mini 2 (or Retina as I know it). But the new OS is so nice I'm sure I will do the upgrade soon enough.

4. dumastudetto macrumors 68030

Now is the best while they are still signing 9.3.5. Once they stop signing there's no way to test iOS 10 and go back if you are unhappy.

5. ActionableMango thread starter macrumors G3

ActionableMango

How do you do this? I didn't know you could ever go back. I don't see the mechanism for doing this in iTunes or iOS settings.

6. joeblow7777 macrumors 603

7. ActionableMango thread starter macrumors G3

ActionableMango

Thanks for the responses. I'll mark the thread resolved and upgrade this weekend.

8. EdwardC macrumors regular

EdwardC

Have it on mine and seems no worse than iOS9.

9. xAnthony macrumors 65816

xAnthony

So I upgraded mine just now. Seems about the same as iOS 9. A little sluggish here and there, however it was like that before as well. I wouldn't expect a speed improvement by upgrading.