iOS 10 performance on iPad Air 2 and iPhone 6

Discussion in 'iOS 10' started by nbnbxdnb, Sep 9, 2016.

1. nbnbxdnb macrumors regular

These are the 2 Apple devices I use everyday and can be updated to iOS 10. I remember how regretful I was after upgrading to iOS 7 on my iPhone 4. To make it even worse, it was an one way ticket.
    I basically wonder if these 2 devices are laggy or laggier than iOS 9 on iOS 10 beta. Thanks in advance.

2. Bromio macrumors 6502

Animations are faster on iOS 10. I have only found some stuttering when enabling the Widgets Screen from the Notification Center for a second subsequent time.

However, I think rich notifications are not thought for iPads or iPhones before 6s, so they are not properly designed for non-3D Touch devices, at least from my point of view.

3. ZEEN0j macrumors 65816

ZEEN0j

I'm using those devices as well. Running gm on both and its running great. Better in some cases except the app switcher. It's dropping frames on both devices for some reason. Although I've read the same about 6s. So it could get fixed with a x.1 release.

4. devinthomas macrumors regular

I own both, and iOS 10 runs beautifully. So few hiccups. Everything 'just works' again. Apple magic is back, IMO.

5. snowman1 macrumors regular

Installed iOS 10 on my iPhone 6 - the fact that the animations are faster really makes the phone feel a lot more responsive. Haven't noticed any additional lag or loss of battery life relative to iOS 9. Overall, I would say that you have nothing to worry about!

6. sparksd macrumors 68000

Running GM on Air 2 and performance really doesn't see much different than last version of 9. I am seeing occasional and random lockups of origination that require resets to fix.

7. _Refurbished_ macrumors 68000

_Refurbished_

I use iApplebytes on YouTube to answer these questions, rather than relying on people's subjective opinions.

https://m.youtube.com/user/kabriolett

8. nbnbxdnb thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks all for input. It seems safe to try out the new OS.