Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

matthutch

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 26, 2004
Perth, Western Australia
I might be missing something but is there a way to reduce / remove the mail previews on the recent notifications screen? Example below.

mailpreview.png

I've checked the notification options and have set Show Preview to off on all mail options, but it's still there. Am I missing something here?

Apologies if this has been posted before, I've tried search but couldn't find anything.

rjcchan

macrumors member
Sep 23, 2015
I might be missing something but is there a way to reduce / remove the mail previews on the recent notifications screen? Example below.

View attachment 650834

I've checked the notification options and have set Show Preview to off on all mail options, but it's still there. Am I missing something here?

Apologies if this has been posted before, I've tried search but couldn't find anything.
I join in the question

dojoman

macrumors 68000
Apr 8, 2010

View attachment 650834

You will see this long preview only if you phone is unlocked and it looks like yours is...if it's locked you will only see the email sender's name not the whole preview.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.