Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dan9700

Suspended
Original poster
May 28, 2015
With the 9.7 iPad Pro and my Smart Cover now I can't open it and go straight to home screen I need to press home button is there any way like before to just open it and go to the home page?
[doublepost=1469411188][/doublepost]Well anyone?

jgelin

macrumors 6502a
Jul 30, 2015
St Petersburg, FL
I am still on 9.3.3 and I always get the lock screen when I open my smart cover. I then need to use my fingerprint to authenticate (so touch home button) or if it doesn’t read use passcode. I think the behavior of opening up to the home screen and not the lock screen has not been implemented.

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
Unfortunately not that I know of. Use feedback app to let Apple know you don't like this -- hopefully if enough people complain they'll fix this before public release.
[doublepost=1469412836][/doublepost]
I am still on 9.3.3 and I always get the lock screen when I open my smart cover. I then need to use my fingerprint to authenticate (so touch home button) or if it doesn’t read use passcode. I think the behavior of opening up to the home screen and not the lock screen has not been implemented.

That is the behavior if you have passcode set with Touch ID. If you have no passcode on, flipping open the smart cove takes you straight to home screen.

Reactions: jgelin
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.